Ronda Rousey Literally Gets ‘Soaked’ in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge; Top 10 Ice Bucket Challenge Videos
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 15, 2014 10:54 AM EST
Ronda Rousey was up for the challenge that her boss Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) president Dana White had dared her to do. The first and defending UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion literally got soaked in ice water, but it was for a good cause.
Rousey visited the Fox Sports studios in Los Angeles to do the challenge. She came looking scrupulously stylish in a figure-hugging dress and a pair of high stilettos. Rousey had her hair tied in a bun in a back with light and fresh make-up and she had a pair of dangling earrings to complete her outfit.
Before Rousey did her ice bath, she called out Sylvester Stallone, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, and Gina Carano for the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
Video courtesy: YouTube/Fox Sports Live
The ice cold craze was initiated by ALS Association whose mission is to fight and treat Amytrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) or what is commonly referred to as Lou Gehrig's Disease. The campaign kicked off on July 29 and since then, nearly 150,000 people have donated, according to Time. Reportedly, ALS Association have received $5.5 million so far.
ALS spokesperson Carrie Munk has said in a statement that the organisation is "thrilled and completely amazed" at the people's gracious reception and the cash donations that they have received.
Barbara New House, the President and Chief Executive Officer of the ALS Association said in a press release posted on the organisation's official Web site that the public reaction has never been this great in the history of disease. "We couldn't be more thrilled with the level of compassion, generosity, and sense of humour that people are exhibiting as they take part in this impactful viral initiative," Ms. Newhouse said. She added that they were not only thankful for the increasing value of donations but also the people's awareness of the disease.
Celebrities and sport personalities have also taken the plunge and joined the ice cold craze. Here are some of the big names who have all done the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, from Mark Zuckerberg, Justin Timberlake, Dez Bryant, Tony Romo, and more.
Video Courtesy: YouTube/JustinTimberlake
Dez Bryant and Tony Romo
Video Courtesy: YouTube/ThrowUpTheX
Video Courtesy: YouTube/Bradley Friesen
Jimmy Fallon and The Roots
Video Courtesy: YouTube/The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Video Courtesy: YouTube/thirdtom
Video Courtesy: YouTube/AlexSp12TV
Carson Daly, Adam Levine, and Blake Shelton
Video Courtesy: YouTube/Mor Turgeman
NY Giants LB Mark Herzlich, RB Andre Williams, and DE Mathias Kiwanuk
Video Courtesy: YouTube/Becton Productions
Video Courtesy: YouTube/cooltv482
Video Courtesy: YouTube/Carolina Hurricanes
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- HTC ‘Double Exposure’ Event On October 8 Could Unveil HTC Eye With 5.2-inch FHD Display
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect