Google Nexus 6 (aka Motorola Shamu) On Release Date Will Feature 5.2-Inch Display, Android L, Snapdragon 805 Processor And More
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 15, 2014 10:28 AM EST
Google Nexus 6, also referred as Motorola Shamu, was recently sighted in a Benchmark testing site revealing the full set of specifications. Going by the report, the much-awaited Nexus 6 will likely differ from the Nexus series of phones released thus far. Also, GFXBench's test results based on evaluation of umpteen smartphones/phablets across the globe is out.
A Google search page is reflected in sunglasses in this photo illustration taken in Brussels May 30, 2014. Google has taken the first steps to meet a European ruling that citizens can have objectionable links removed from Internet search results, a ruling that pleased privacy campaigners but raised fears that the right can be abused to hide negative information.
The test was conducted to evaluate the graphics performance, quality of render and power consumption of the participating devices. Apparently, the Motorola Shamu (or Nexus 6) trumped the powerful LG G3 with Snapdragon 801 processor and Quad HD screen resolution. In addition, the upcoming Nexus handset also trumped the Korean version of the LG G3 dubbed "G3 Cat. 6" powered by the superior Snapdragon 805 processor, according to Phone Arena.
The GFXBench testing also revealed all the specifications pertaining to the upcoming Nexus 6. The next-generation Nexus device will reportedly come with a 5.2-inch display and 2,560 x 1,440 pixels screen resolution. The handset will be powered by the latest quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 805) Krait ARMv7 processor clocked at 2.6 GHz and Adreno 420 for graphics. Complementing the powerful processor is a good 3 GB of RAM, according to GFXBench.
When it comes to memory, the device will come with 32 GB of in-built storage capacity. However, we do not have any information to ascertain if the Nexus 6 will come with microSD support for expandable memory option. Notably, except for the "HTC Google Nexus One" released in 2010, none of the other Nexus devices released thus far come with microSD slot. Many high-end and top-selling smartphones provide expandable storage option up to 128 GB owing to the never-ending requirement of downloads with killer 3G/4G Internet connection. However, Google has been stubborn thus far. Hence it remains to be seen though if the search giant would buckle under this time around.
Furthermore, the smartphone will run on the latest Android L OS out of the box. The Nexus handset will feature a 12 MP rear-facing camera unit and a 2 MP front-facing shooter. The device will come with 4K UHD video recording capability.
With killer specifications on-board, the Google Nexus 6 or the Motorola Shamu has the potential to give tough competition to the upcoming devices from Apple and Samsung. It is worth noting that, the Nexus 8 tablet is also rumoured to be in the offing. If speculations are true, both Nexus 6 and Nexus 8 will be announced sometime in September. However, Google has not confirmed the existence of the devices thus far.
What do you think of the killer Nexus 6? Should Apple and Samsung be worried? Feel free to leave a comment.
2. Nokia X2 Release Imminent as Microsoft's New Commercial Surfaces; Specifications, Features and Price Listed - [Read]
3. New Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Phablet With 6-Inch Display, 13 MP Camera And 2 GB RAM in the Offing - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft