Assassin’s Creed Unity and Rogue Trailers Show Off New Gameplay Features
By Gel Galang | August 15, 2014 10:16 AM EST
It's raining trailers for various upcoming games, and "Assassin's Creed Unity" was not spared the attention by Ubisoft.
Visitors wait at the "Assassin's Creed Rogue" video game exhibition stand during the Gamescom 2014 fair in Cologne August 13, 2014. The Gamescom convention, Europe's largest video games trade fair, runs from August 13 to August 17.
In this 11-minute gameplay trailer, you can see the solo campaign demo showcased at Gamescom 2014, you can see the different features in "Assassin's Creed Unity," as commentated on by Alex Amancio, creative director of the game. The mission is hero Arno's first kill, assassinating Sivert, but as Amancio narrates, that's all the developers will give the players: a mission.
Whatever way you want to complete the mission and whatever means necessary you want to go to lengths in doing so is up to you.
What makes "Assassin's Creed Unity" different from the rest of the AC franchise is that it features "co-op in the single-player campaign. According to Eurogamer, co-op for "Assassin's Creed Unity" are "copies" of missions played in single-player, but in variations, where two or four people can play.
There are Heists that have a reward timer which will showcase what you can win depending on the time you are able to complete the objective at hand. The source does say to not expect any grand additions in co-op mode-the fact that fans did ask for co-op and got it means that the can now play with other people during the missions.
"Assassin's Creed Unity" puts more emphasis not only on the basic pillars of the AC franchise, stealth and climbing, but also enabled the team behind the title to go for a different structure that will make it a novel game to play.
New Gameplay of 'Assassin's Creed Rogue' Revealed
With "Assassin's Creed Unity" taking center stage as one of the next-gen only offered games coming later this year, this does not mean that the last-gen consoles have been forgotten for the AC franchise.
GameSpot has obtained some new gameplay demos for "Assassin's Creed Rogue," as seen in the link above. It shows off the look and feel of the game, as well as how it plays overall.
The setting alone is far different from the upcoming "Assassin's Creed Unity," which is set in 19th century France. In "Assassin's Creed Rogue" you have both land and naval gameplay, which puts it at a similar pace as "Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag." In fact, previous details about the game have confirmed that "Assassin's Creed Rogue" will play a transitory role between this year's last-gen and current-gen games.
The trailer showcases the naval battles held in the North Atlantic, as well as hand-to-hand combat.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Update Version 1.1, Eon Ticket And Delta Episode Info Appear
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination