Corinna Schumacher Named Ambassador for the 2014 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games in Normandy
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 15, 2014 10:16 AM EST
Corinna Schumacher has been named as an ambassador for the Alltech Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI) World Equestrian Games which will take place in Normandy, France from Aug. 23 to Sept. 7, 2014. The wife of the seven-time Formula One (F1) champion is one of the 25 ambassadors in the major international championships for equestrianism.
As described on Alltech's official website, Corinna personifies the sport of equestrianism. She has reportedly remained as an active supporter of the sport and even built her own ranch and reining facility which is dedicated to providing "professional training" for anyone who wants to become a reining expert like she is.
"Corinna has never lost focus for what brought her to the sport, the love for animals," wrote the website.
Corinna, on the other hand, has said that she is delighted to be one of the ambassadors. Supporting events such as the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games is something that is dear to her because she has always been passionate about animals, most especially, horses.
"Being a team with your horse is something great to watch and even greater to work on, and so I feel very excited to be an official ambassador of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games 2014 in Normandy," Corinna said. She added that she is also looking forward to witnessing "high-class competitions" during the two-week event.
The upcoming event is the seventh edition of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games. A total of 74 counties, including Australia, have declared their participation in the games. Twelve counties, namely, Hong Kong, Tunisia, Thailand, Republic of Korea, Peru, Romania, Mauritius, Latvia, Palestine, Morocco, Kazakhstan, and U.S. Virgin Islands.
Meanwhile, Australia will be taking part in all disciplines, namely, Jumping, Dressage, Eventing, Driving, Endurance, Vaulting, and Reining, according to Equestrian.org.au. Australia is one of the 10 countries that will participate in all disciplines of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games 2014.
For the complete list of participating Australian athletes, visit Equestrian.org.au.
The nominated entries list is also made available on Normandy2014.com.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight