Corinna Schumacher Named Ambassador for the 2014 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games in Normandy
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 15, 2014 10:16 AM EST
Corinna Schumacher has been named as an ambassador for the Alltech Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI) World Equestrian Games which will take place in Normandy, France from Aug. 23 to Sept. 7, 2014. The wife of the seven-time Formula One (F1) champion is one of the 25 ambassadors in the major international championships for equestrianism.
As described on Alltech's official website, Corinna personifies the sport of equestrianism. She has reportedly remained as an active supporter of the sport and even built her own ranch and reining facility which is dedicated to providing "professional training" for anyone who wants to become a reining expert like she is.
"Corinna has never lost focus for what brought her to the sport, the love for animals," wrote the website.
Corinna, on the other hand, has said that she is delighted to be one of the ambassadors. Supporting events such as the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games is something that is dear to her because she has always been passionate about animals, most especially, horses.
"Being a team with your horse is something great to watch and even greater to work on, and so I feel very excited to be an official ambassador of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games 2014 in Normandy," Corinna said. She added that she is also looking forward to witnessing "high-class competitions" during the two-week event.
The upcoming event is the seventh edition of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games. A total of 74 counties, including Australia, have declared their participation in the games. Twelve counties, namely, Hong Kong, Tunisia, Thailand, Republic of Korea, Peru, Romania, Mauritius, Latvia, Palestine, Morocco, Kazakhstan, and U.S. Virgin Islands.
Meanwhile, Australia will be taking part in all disciplines, namely, Jumping, Dressage, Eventing, Driving, Endurance, Vaulting, and Reining, according to Equestrian.org.au. Australia is one of the 10 countries that will participate in all disciplines of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games 2014.
For the complete list of participating Australian athletes, visit Equestrian.org.au.
The nominated entries list is also made available on Normandy2014.com.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James