Corinna Schumacher Named Ambassador for the 2014 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games in Normandy
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 15, 2014 10:16 AM EST
Corinna Schumacher has been named as an ambassador for the Alltech Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI) World Equestrian Games which will take place in Normandy, France from Aug. 23 to Sept. 7, 2014. The wife of the seven-time Formula One (F1) champion is one of the 25 ambassadors in the major international championships for equestrianism.
As described on Alltech's official website, Corinna personifies the sport of equestrianism. She has reportedly remained as an active supporter of the sport and even built her own ranch and reining facility which is dedicated to providing "professional training" for anyone who wants to become a reining expert like she is.
"Corinna has never lost focus for what brought her to the sport, the love for animals," wrote the website.
Corinna, on the other hand, has said that she is delighted to be one of the ambassadors. Supporting events such as the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games is something that is dear to her because she has always been passionate about animals, most especially, horses.
"Being a team with your horse is something great to watch and even greater to work on, and so I feel very excited to be an official ambassador of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games 2014 in Normandy," Corinna said. She added that she is also looking forward to witnessing "high-class competitions" during the two-week event.
The upcoming event is the seventh edition of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games. A total of 74 counties, including Australia, have declared their participation in the games. Twelve counties, namely, Hong Kong, Tunisia, Thailand, Republic of Korea, Peru, Romania, Mauritius, Latvia, Palestine, Morocco, Kazakhstan, and U.S. Virgin Islands.
Meanwhile, Australia will be taking part in all disciplines, namely, Jumping, Dressage, Eventing, Driving, Endurance, Vaulting, and Reining, according to Equestrian.org.au. Australia is one of the 10 countries that will participate in all disciplines of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games 2014.
For the complete list of participating Australian athletes, visit Equestrian.org.au.
The nominated entries list is also made available on Normandy2014.com.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage