Abdel-Majed Abdel Bary: Former British Rapper Turned ISIS Jihadist Posts Photo With Severed Head
By Reissa Su | August 15, 2014 9:28 AM EST
Former British rapper Abdel-Majed Abdel Bary has posted a picture on Twitter holding a decapitated head. The photo was uploaded to the social media site just days after the 7-year-old of an Australian jihadist was also seen holding a severe head of a slain soldier.
A member loyal to the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) waves an ISIL flag in Raqqa June 29, 2014.
ISIS has overrun more towns near the Syrian border close to Turkey. The 23-year-old uploaded the image with the caption, "Chillin' with my homie or what's left of him." The gruesome photo was reportedly taken in the city of Raqqa which is the capital of ISIS' caliphate.
The image shows the former British rapper wearing a black mask and holding up a severed head with Raqqa's central square as the background. The location was similar to the one seen in the photo of the Australian jihadis's son. Khaled Sharrouf's boy pictured holding a severed head went viral earlier this week.
According to reports, Bary had left his family's estate in Maida Vale, western London in 2013 to join the Islamic militant group ISIS. He told his family members that he was travelling to Syria and "leaving everything for the sake of Allah." His music was mostly played on Radio One when he was still in Britain.
When reports emerged about his recent post on Twitter, his account has since been deleted. He has posted other sickening images of severed soldiers' heads on the Raqqa square's railings. One image had the caption, "It's beautiful when you see Allah's laws implemented."
In other photos online, the Daily Mail reports that Bary can be seen posing with his black mask while holding guns with the caption, "soldier of Allah."
Reports said Bary has "prayed" to Allah to grant jihadists "martyrdom." He also praised Osama Bin Laden for his works in the name of Allah.
Bary's father was extradited from Britain to the United States in 2011 following a legal battle that lasted for eight years. Authorities had suspected the older Bary for being one of Bin Laden's closest aides during the early years of al-Qaeda. He was also believed to have created a cell in London for the terrorist organisation.
The former British rapper's photo was uploaded following news of ISIS seizing the towns of Akhtarin and Turkmanbareh, according to Syrian forces fighting the militants.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- US Police Release Video Of Officers Shooting 12-Year-Old Tamir Rice
- US Toddler, 3, Shoots Mother To Death With 9mm Handgun
- UFO Falling 'Angel Hair' Strands Spotted By Portugal Residents [VIDEO]
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Has 'Uncanny Ability,' Described As 'Posh' During Public Appearances
- NSW Girl, 12, Takes Wheel of Mazda MX5 & Saves Lives After Father Suffers Heart Attack
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast