Abdel-Majed Abdel Bary: Former British Rapper Turned ISIS Jihadist Posts Photo With Severed Head
By Reissa Su | August 15, 2014 9:28 AM EST
Former British rapper Abdel-Majed Abdel Bary has posted a picture on Twitter holding a decapitated head. The photo was uploaded to the social media site just days after the 7-year-old of an Australian jihadist was also seen holding a severe head of a slain soldier.
A member loyal to the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) waves an ISIL flag in Raqqa June 29, 2014.
ISIS has overrun more towns near the Syrian border close to Turkey. The 23-year-old uploaded the image with the caption, "Chillin' with my homie or what's left of him." The gruesome photo was reportedly taken in the city of Raqqa which is the capital of ISIS' caliphate.
The image shows the former British rapper wearing a black mask and holding up a severed head with Raqqa's central square as the background. The location was similar to the one seen in the photo of the Australian jihadis's son. Khaled Sharrouf's boy pictured holding a severed head went viral earlier this week.
According to reports, Bary had left his family's estate in Maida Vale, western London in 2013 to join the Islamic militant group ISIS. He told his family members that he was travelling to Syria and "leaving everything for the sake of Allah." His music was mostly played on Radio One when he was still in Britain.
When reports emerged about his recent post on Twitter, his account has since been deleted. He has posted other sickening images of severed soldiers' heads on the Raqqa square's railings. One image had the caption, "It's beautiful when you see Allah's laws implemented."
In other photos online, the Daily Mail reports that Bary can be seen posing with his black mask while holding guns with the caption, "soldier of Allah."
Reports said Bary has "prayed" to Allah to grant jihadists "martyrdom." He also praised Osama Bin Laden for his works in the name of Allah.
Bary's father was extradited from Britain to the United States in 2011 following a legal battle that lasted for eight years. Authorities had suspected the older Bary for being one of Bin Laden's closest aides during the early years of al-Qaeda. He was also believed to have created a cell in London for the terrorist organisation.
The former British rapper's photo was uploaded following news of ISIS seizing the towns of Akhtarin and Turkmanbareh, according to Syrian forces fighting the militants.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Baby Corpses Found in Storage Locker in Canada
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- ISIS Taking U.S.-Airdropped Weapons An 'Embarrassment'; Another Yazidi Massacre Looming [VIDEO]
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]