Abdel-Majed Abdel Bary: Former British Rapper Turned ISIS Jihadist Posts Photo With Severed Head
By Reissa Su | August 15, 2014 9:28 AM EST
Former British rapper Abdel-Majed Abdel Bary has posted a picture on Twitter holding a decapitated head. The photo was uploaded to the social media site just days after the 7-year-old of an Australian jihadist was also seen holding a severe head of a slain soldier.
A member loyal to the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) waves an ISIL flag in Raqqa June 29, 2014.
ISIS has overrun more towns near the Syrian border close to Turkey. The 23-year-old uploaded the image with the caption, "Chillin' with my homie or what's left of him." The gruesome photo was reportedly taken in the city of Raqqa which is the capital of ISIS' caliphate.
The image shows the former British rapper wearing a black mask and holding up a severed head with Raqqa's central square as the background. The location was similar to the one seen in the photo of the Australian jihadis's son. Khaled Sharrouf's boy pictured holding a severed head went viral earlier this week.
According to reports, Bary had left his family's estate in Maida Vale, western London in 2013 to join the Islamic militant group ISIS. He told his family members that he was travelling to Syria and "leaving everything for the sake of Allah." His music was mostly played on Radio One when he was still in Britain.
When reports emerged about his recent post on Twitter, his account has since been deleted. He has posted other sickening images of severed soldiers' heads on the Raqqa square's railings. One image had the caption, "It's beautiful when you see Allah's laws implemented."
In other photos online, the Daily Mail reports that Bary can be seen posing with his black mask while holding guns with the caption, "soldier of Allah."
Reports said Bary has "prayed" to Allah to grant jihadists "martyrdom." He also praised Osama Bin Laden for his works in the name of Allah.
Bary's father was extradited from Britain to the United States in 2011 following a legal battle that lasted for eight years. Authorities had suspected the older Bary for being one of Bin Laden's closest aides during the early years of al-Qaeda. He was also believed to have created a cell in London for the terrorist organisation.
The former British rapper's photo was uploaded following news of ISIS seizing the towns of Akhtarin and Turkmanbareh, according to Syrian forces fighting the militants.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Hoax Alert: 'Ebola Vaccine Only Works on White Skin' Viral Story Not True
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- New Zealand PM John Key Aware of Kiwis Joining ISIS; New Zealand Not Ready For Airstrikes
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate