Ariana Grande Reveals Her Former Boyfriend Cheated on Her With a Man, Had a Gay Affair
By nidhi tewari | August 15, 2014 8:11 AM EST
Singer Ariana Grande has revealed that one of her previous ex-boyfriends cheated on her with another guy and he was gay. The 21-year-old singer did not reveal any names but said in her latest interview that she is "99.9 percent" sure that her ex cheated on her not with a girl but with another guy. Grande was talking about her new song "Break Your Heart Right Back" from her upcoming album "My Everything," which is inspired from this incident.
Ariana Grande performs during the MuchMusic Video Awards (MMVA) in Toronto, June 15, 2014.
The pop singer revealed that the song is "about a boy that cheats on a girl with another boy." Ariana told Metro's Guilty Pleasures in an exclusive chat that "Break Your Heart Right Back" is one of her favourite songs from her upcoming album.
"It's one of my favorites on the album and it's really funny because I believe it has happened to me. I'm not 100 per cent positive but I'm 99.9 per cent positive," revealed Ariana to the website, adding, "I would rather he cheats on me with a guy than with a girl any day! If I found out my boyfriend was gay, I would be like 'OK!' I'd be so relieved."
Ariana, who has been dating Australian singer Jai Brooks for quite some time, recently broke up with him. The singer was also linked to Nathan Sykes briefly and there was speculation in the media about both her ex-boyfriends being gay. However, the singer has come to the rescue of both Jai and Nathan after her statement.
The singer revealed on her Twitter account that it was neither Jai nor Nathan she was talking about in her interview but some other person who was her boyfriend much before she dated both of them.
"People loooove twisting my words lol. I never said "my ex". so don't trip. It was a a looooong time ago.... and it made for a great song," tweeted Ariana.
The singer said she wanted to clear up the confusion before any "unnecessary drama" starts. Ariana is also rumoured to be dating Big Sean, who has collaborated on her hit songs "Problem" and "Right There." However, there has been no confirmation about these reports from either Ariana or Big Sean.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop