Ariana Grande Reveals Her Former Boyfriend Cheated on Her With a Man, Had a Gay Affair
By nidhi tewari | August 15, 2014 8:11 AM EST
Singer Ariana Grande has revealed that one of her previous ex-boyfriends cheated on her with another guy and he was gay. The 21-year-old singer did not reveal any names but said in her latest interview that she is "99.9 percent" sure that her ex cheated on her not with a girl but with another guy. Grande was talking about her new song "Break Your Heart Right Back" from her upcoming album "My Everything," which is inspired from this incident.
Ariana Grande performs during the MuchMusic Video Awards (MMVA) in Toronto, June 15, 2014.
The pop singer revealed that the song is "about a boy that cheats on a girl with another boy." Ariana told Metro's Guilty Pleasures in an exclusive chat that "Break Your Heart Right Back" is one of her favourite songs from her upcoming album.
"It's one of my favorites on the album and it's really funny because I believe it has happened to me. I'm not 100 per cent positive but I'm 99.9 per cent positive," revealed Ariana to the website, adding, "I would rather he cheats on me with a guy than with a girl any day! If I found out my boyfriend was gay, I would be like 'OK!' I'd be so relieved."
Ariana, who has been dating Australian singer Jai Brooks for quite some time, recently broke up with him. The singer was also linked to Nathan Sykes briefly and there was speculation in the media about both her ex-boyfriends being gay. However, the singer has come to the rescue of both Jai and Nathan after her statement.
The singer revealed on her Twitter account that it was neither Jai nor Nathan she was talking about in her interview but some other person who was her boyfriend much before she dated both of them.
"People loooove twisting my words lol. I never said "my ex". so don't trip. It was a a looooong time ago.... and it made for a great song," tweeted Ariana.
The singer said she wanted to clear up the confusion before any "unnecessary drama" starts. Ariana is also rumoured to be dating Big Sean, who has collaborated on her hit songs "Problem" and "Right There." However, there has been no confirmation about these reports from either Ariana or Big Sean.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- ‘Top Gun 2’ Update: ‘The Jungle Book’ Writer Onboard, Tom Cruise Likely To Reprise His Role