Kate Upton Is Sleeping With The Enemy [VIDEO]
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | August 14, 2014 8:47 PM EST
The world took a collective "awww" moment last week when Detroit Tigers pitcher tossed the ball to his superstar model girlfriend Kate Upton. It was a poignant expression of romantic and young love that had women crooning and men fuming.
Aug 4, 2014; Bronx, NY, USA; American supermodel Kate Upton talks to Tigers players after a game between the New York Yankees and the Detroit Tigers at Yankee Stadium. The Yankees defeated the Tigers 2-1.
It was not only the hordes of Upton followers were fuming but Upton herself. The voluptuous model shed light to the incident during her appearance at the Live with Kelly and Michael show last Friday. She confided to Michael Strahan that the New York Yankees barred her from wearing a Tigers cap during the game.
"I used to be a really big Yankees fan," Upton said, "But I'm sleeping with the enemy. My boyfriend plays for the Tigers. I had to pick a side. And I felt it too, when I walked in. The Yankees told me, 'You're not allowed to wear a Tigers hat. You're not allowed to wear any Tigers gear.' It's like a bad breakup."
The New York Yankees must be thinking that Upton would be photographed heavily during the match and yes she did make the headlines of some entertainment sites, which gives some credence to their insistence to Upton not to don her new team's hat. She sat directly behind the Tiger's dugout and that was where the playful banter was seen by many of us, little did we know that there was some sort of intrigue behind the romantic moment.
Well, this is similar to what Arizona Diamonbacks owner Ken Kendrick demanded of Los Angeles Dodgers fans seated in home box. He asked them to either remove their Dodgers gears or change seats in an attempt to avoid prominent exposure on television. Well, we do not know if the Yankees have the same stance on this but this incident with Upton only fuels more Yankee hatred.
We could have wished for the sexy model to be defiant and demand that the cap stays on triggering a sort of escalation from Justin Verlander. You see, the talented pitcher is like the Hulk who loves getting angry before getting into the mound to deliver. Now that would be bigger news - Verlander outraged by Yankees' harassment of Upton, delivers a perfect shut out.
"He always says anytime we're fighting I wear a Yankees hat. And when we're getting along I'm wearing a Detroit hat," Upton said.
(Video Courtesy of: Youtube/MLB)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes