Kate Upton Is Sleeping With The Enemy [VIDEO]
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | August 14, 2014 8:47 PM EST
The world took a collective "awww" moment last week when Detroit Tigers pitcher tossed the ball to his superstar model girlfriend Kate Upton. It was a poignant expression of romantic and young love that had women crooning and men fuming.
Aug 4, 2014; Bronx, NY, USA; American supermodel Kate Upton talks to Tigers players after a game between the New York Yankees and the Detroit Tigers at Yankee Stadium. The Yankees defeated the Tigers 2-1.
It was not only the hordes of Upton followers were fuming but Upton herself. The voluptuous model shed light to the incident during her appearance at the Live with Kelly and Michael show last Friday. She confided to Michael Strahan that the New York Yankees barred her from wearing a Tigers cap during the game.
"I used to be a really big Yankees fan," Upton said, "But I'm sleeping with the enemy. My boyfriend plays for the Tigers. I had to pick a side. And I felt it too, when I walked in. The Yankees told me, 'You're not allowed to wear a Tigers hat. You're not allowed to wear any Tigers gear.' It's like a bad breakup."
The New York Yankees must be thinking that Upton would be photographed heavily during the match and yes she did make the headlines of some entertainment sites, which gives some credence to their insistence to Upton not to don her new team's hat. She sat directly behind the Tiger's dugout and that was where the playful banter was seen by many of us, little did we know that there was some sort of intrigue behind the romantic moment.
Well, this is similar to what Arizona Diamonbacks owner Ken Kendrick demanded of Los Angeles Dodgers fans seated in home box. He asked them to either remove their Dodgers gears or change seats in an attempt to avoid prominent exposure on television. Well, we do not know if the Yankees have the same stance on this but this incident with Upton only fuels more Yankee hatred.
We could have wished for the sexy model to be defiant and demand that the cap stays on triggering a sort of escalation from Justin Verlander. You see, the talented pitcher is like the Hulk who loves getting angry before getting into the mound to deliver. Now that would be bigger news - Verlander outraged by Yankees' harassment of Upton, delivers a perfect shut out.
"He always says anytime we're fighting I wear a Yankees hat. And when we're getting along I'm wearing a Detroit hat," Upton said.
(Video Courtesy of: Youtube/MLB)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet