Kate Upton Is Sleeping With The Enemy [VIDEO]
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | August 14, 2014 8:47 PM EST
The world took a collective "awww" moment last week when Detroit Tigers pitcher tossed the ball to his superstar model girlfriend Kate Upton. It was a poignant expression of romantic and young love that had women crooning and men fuming.
Aug 4, 2014; Bronx, NY, USA; American supermodel Kate Upton talks to Tigers players after a game between the New York Yankees and the Detroit Tigers at Yankee Stadium. The Yankees defeated the Tigers 2-1.
It was not only the hordes of Upton followers were fuming but Upton herself. The voluptuous model shed light to the incident during her appearance at the Live with Kelly and Michael show last Friday. She confided to Michael Strahan that the New York Yankees barred her from wearing a Tigers cap during the game.
"I used to be a really big Yankees fan," Upton said, "But I'm sleeping with the enemy. My boyfriend plays for the Tigers. I had to pick a side. And I felt it too, when I walked in. The Yankees told me, 'You're not allowed to wear a Tigers hat. You're not allowed to wear any Tigers gear.' It's like a bad breakup."
The New York Yankees must be thinking that Upton would be photographed heavily during the match and yes she did make the headlines of some entertainment sites, which gives some credence to their insistence to Upton not to don her new team's hat. She sat directly behind the Tiger's dugout and that was where the playful banter was seen by many of us, little did we know that there was some sort of intrigue behind the romantic moment.
Well, this is similar to what Arizona Diamonbacks owner Ken Kendrick demanded of Los Angeles Dodgers fans seated in home box. He asked them to either remove their Dodgers gears or change seats in an attempt to avoid prominent exposure on television. Well, we do not know if the Yankees have the same stance on this but this incident with Upton only fuels more Yankee hatred.
We could have wished for the sexy model to be defiant and demand that the cap stays on triggering a sort of escalation from Justin Verlander. You see, the talented pitcher is like the Hulk who loves getting angry before getting into the mound to deliver. Now that would be bigger news - Verlander outraged by Yankees' harassment of Upton, delivers a perfect shut out.
"He always says anytime we're fighting I wear a Yankees hat. And when we're getting along I'm wearing a Detroit hat," Upton said.
(Video Courtesy of: Youtube/MLB)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan