Iggy Azalea’s Pre-Fame Music Video ‘Nothing Like Me’ Sounds Like Britney Spears [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | August 14, 2014 5:36 PM EST
Before she became known as a rapper, Iggy Azalea was a singer first. Her pre-fame music video for “Nothing Like Me” has been leaked, and it was really nothing like the 24-year-old Australian hip-hop artist and more like Britney Spears.
Iggy Azalea performs "Fancy" during the 2014 BET Awards in Los Angeles, California June 29, 2014.
The 90-second music video was uploaded on YouTube earlier this week, and is said to be recorded with a label record that Iggy almost signed with. Not much is known about the song, other than it was clearly shot before Iggy became a chart-topping rapper.
In the video, Iggy is seen wearing military-style corseted bodice, vintage-style flight cap and high-waist knickers as she gyrates to dance-pop, auto-tuned music.
Some online commenters noted how the song video is reminiscent of Britney’s “Womanizer,” while Iggy’s outfit looks like it was copied from Britney’s in her “Gimme More” video.
— Robert Lan (@RobertLan6) August 13, 2014
So she couldn't sing so she tried to rap....I am dying: Iggy Azalea Exclusive: Nothing Like Me: http://t.co/5oJQs7M76Q via @YouTube — TiffALadyyyBug_TM (@RefinedBarb) August 12, 2014
ew iggy azalea's "nothing like me" sounds like Britney's WOMANIZER
— kenni (@kxnnadee) August 11, 2014
Unconfirmed reports, however, claimed that “Nothing Like Me” wasn’t a music video effort by the now-famous “Fancy” rapper, but a modelling promo, which is why it is just a minute and a half long.
Iggy, whose real name is Amethyst Amelia Kelly, first gained fame after the music videos for her songs “Pu$$y” and “Two Times” went viral on YouTube. She has signed on to the record label Grand Hustle Records, and released the EP “Glory.”
Her debut studio album “The New Classic,” released in April 2014, spawned her highest charting single to date “Fancy.”
Britney’s “Gimme More”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date