Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners to Cash In on Two Out-of-Favoured Attackers
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 14, 2014 5:34 PM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger might trim down his packed attacking line, after Trukish giants Galatasaray showed interest in acquiring Joel Campbell and Lukas Podolski.
The Express claim that the Turkish giants have sent agents to London to discuss a possible deal.
Arsenal's Yaya Sanogo (R) celebrates after teammate Joel Campbell (L) scored against Benfica during their Emirates Cup soccer match at the Emirates stadium in London August 2, 2014.
The 22-year-old Campbell has yet to see action in the Premier League since joining the Gunners in 2011, but has made a name for himself during last season's loan spell at Olympiacos, tallying 8 goals and 12 assists in the Super League, while almost helping the Greek side get past Manchester United in the round-of-16 of the Champions League.
Podolski, on the other hand, had a decent 2013/14 campaign despite suffering a hamstring injury that kept him on the sidelines for more than three months.
He was able to find the back of the net 8 times out of the 20 outings that he was fielded in.
However, the two are likely to be given limited opportunities in the upcoming term, following the signing of fellow attacker Alexis Sanchez from Barcelona and the recovery of Aaron Ramsey from an injury, as well as Theo Walcott's impending return, not to mention the rest of the top-quality players who are also in tip-top shape.
The Costa Rican's suggested value is around £7million, while Podolski is £18million. But, Gala must definitely shell out much more than the said figures to lure the north London hierarchy to part ways with either or both of them.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles