Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners to Cash In on Two Out-of-Favoured Attackers
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 14, 2014 5:34 PM EST
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger might trim down his packed attacking line, after Trukish giants Galatasaray showed interest in acquiring Joel Campbell and Lukas Podolski.
The Express claim that the Turkish giants have sent agents to London to discuss a possible deal.
Arsenal's Yaya Sanogo (R) celebrates after teammate Joel Campbell (L) scored against Benfica during their Emirates Cup soccer match at the Emirates stadium in London August 2, 2014.
The 22-year-old Campbell has yet to see action in the Premier League since joining the Gunners in 2011, but has made a name for himself during last season's loan spell at Olympiacos, tallying 8 goals and 12 assists in the Super League, while almost helping the Greek side get past Manchester United in the round-of-16 of the Champions League.
Podolski, on the other hand, had a decent 2013/14 campaign despite suffering a hamstring injury that kept him on the sidelines for more than three months.
He was able to find the back of the net 8 times out of the 20 outings that he was fielded in.
However, the two are likely to be given limited opportunities in the upcoming term, following the signing of fellow attacker Alexis Sanchez from Barcelona and the recovery of Aaron Ramsey from an injury, as well as Theo Walcott's impending return, not to mention the rest of the top-quality players who are also in tip-top shape.
The Costa Rican's suggested value is around £7million, while Podolski is £18million. But, Gala must definitely shell out much more than the said figures to lure the north London hierarchy to part ways with either or both of them.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage