‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ 2—Peter Quill’s Father Not Based On Comics
By Sachin Trivedi | August 14, 2014 4:54 PM EST
Perhaps one of the biggest questions in the minds of the fans is who is Peter Quill's father? More clues may appear in the upcoming movie "Guardians of the Galaxy" 2. The movie is slated to be released on July 28, 2017.
Cast member Chris Pratt signs autographs at the premiere of "Guardians of the Galaxy" in Hollywood, California July 21, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on August 1.
Peter Quill is also known as Star-Lord. According to a recent interview of the writer and director of the upcoming movie James Gunn on Empireonline, the character of Peter's father will certainly not be based on the comic books.
In the comic books, Peter is the son of Jason, a prince of Spartoi. Jason's father banished him from his kingdom and it was during this banishment that Jason meets Peter's mother. The young prince is recalled by his father after war breaks out in Spartoi.
The director revealed in the interview that it had always been the plan to not base everything about Peter's father on the comic books. A select two or three people were reportedly privy to this information. According to James Gunn, the important aspect of Peter's father was to ensure that the character Yondu did not seem out of place.
Movie buffs who have seen "Guardians of the Galaxy" will remember that it was Yondu who chose not to kill Peter Quill when he was young and decided to take care of him. The character will be returning along with the Ravagers in the sequel.
The main enemy in "Guardians of the Galaxy" 2 will reportedly not be Thanos. The villain made a brief appearance in the first movie, directing Ronan to acquire one of the Infinity Stones for him. The director said that the character may again make a brief appearance only if the script demands it.
The cast members of the first movie include Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillian, Djimon Hounsou, John C. Reilly, Glenn Close, Benicio Del Toro, Sean Gunn, Laura Haddock and Lee Pace.
There has been no casting confirmation about "Guardians of the Galaxy" 2. The team of superhero characters in the movie includes Peter Quill, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket. The first movie has been a big success at the box office.
'Guardians Of The Galaxy' 2: Release Date—Nebula May Return [Read]
'Batman vs. Superman' Plot Spoilers—General Zod and Lexcorp [Read]
'Star Wars' 7—501st Legion Stormtrooper New Look Leaked In A Sketch [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage