‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ 2—Peter Quill’s Father Not Based On Comics
By Sachin Trivedi | August 14, 2014 4:54 PM EST
Perhaps one of the biggest questions in the minds of the fans is who is Peter Quill's father? More clues may appear in the upcoming movie "Guardians of the Galaxy" 2. The movie is slated to be released on July 28, 2017.
Cast member Chris Pratt signs autographs at the premiere of "Guardians of the Galaxy" in Hollywood, California July 21, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on August 1.
Peter Quill is also known as Star-Lord. According to a recent interview of the writer and director of the upcoming movie James Gunn on Empireonline, the character of Peter's father will certainly not be based on the comic books.
In the comic books, Peter is the son of Jason, a prince of Spartoi. Jason's father banished him from his kingdom and it was during this banishment that Jason meets Peter's mother. The young prince is recalled by his father after war breaks out in Spartoi.
The director revealed in the interview that it had always been the plan to not base everything about Peter's father on the comic books. A select two or three people were reportedly privy to this information. According to James Gunn, the important aspect of Peter's father was to ensure that the character Yondu did not seem out of place.
Movie buffs who have seen "Guardians of the Galaxy" will remember that it was Yondu who chose not to kill Peter Quill when he was young and decided to take care of him. The character will be returning along with the Ravagers in the sequel.
The main enemy in "Guardians of the Galaxy" 2 will reportedly not be Thanos. The villain made a brief appearance in the first movie, directing Ronan to acquire one of the Infinity Stones for him. The director said that the character may again make a brief appearance only if the script demands it.
The cast members of the first movie include Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillian, Djimon Hounsou, John C. Reilly, Glenn Close, Benicio Del Toro, Sean Gunn, Laura Haddock and Lee Pace.
There has been no casting confirmation about "Guardians of the Galaxy" 2. The team of superhero characters in the movie includes Peter Quill, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket. The first movie has been a big success at the box office.
'Guardians Of The Galaxy' 2: Release Date—Nebula May Return [Read]
'Batman vs. Superman' Plot Spoilers—General Zod and Lexcorp [Read]
'Star Wars' 7—501st Legion Stormtrooper New Look Leaked In A Sketch [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- 'CSI Crime Scene Investigation' Season 15 Recap: Episode 7 ‘Road to Recovery' Aired On Nov. 23, 2014, A Girl In A Rehabilitation Facility Ends Up Dead In A Pool And The ‘CSI Las Vegas’ Team Investigated Her Death [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James