'Arrow' Season 3 Spoilers: Episode 3 To Resurrect A Dead Character, New Star Cast
By Tanya Diente | August 14, 2014 4:25 PM EST
Season 3 of the DC comics-inspired TV show "Arrow" premieres on October 8. While fans await its return, producers of the show have reportedly decided to bring back one of its dead characters. To do this, a new actor has been added to the show's growing list of new casts.
Actor Stephen Amell arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
According to THR the CW superhero drama has enlisted "Medium" actor David Cubitt as one of its guest stars. He has landed the role of Mark Shaw aka "Manhunter" and is scheduled to appear in episode 3.
"Arrow" had previously hinted of Manhunter's character through Kate Spencer portrayed by actress Chelah Horsdal. According to comicbook, in the comics Spencer is Starling City's district attorney and she also took on the character of Manhunter. She became the Manhunter after she stole some superhero equipment from the police's evidence room. However, Kate Spencer was killed on the later part of Season 2. Horsdal's exit through her character's death reportedly posed questions whether she would be recast as Manhunter.
Apparently, Kate Spencer as Manhunter in Season 3 is out of the question since the English-born Canadian actor will take over the character. THR reports David Cubitt will assume the role of an A.R.G.U.S. agent in Corto Malese on his first appearance as Mark Shaw in episode 3 of "Arrow." He will eventually turn into the Manhunter after he crosses path with John Diggle (David Ramsey) according to Digital Spy.
Screenrant claims in the comics, Mark Shaw also appeared as a U.S. Marshall and as an accomplished Manhunter in the New 52. Shaw's alter-ego is also connected to the Suicidal Squad where Oliver Queen and Diggle are also a part of according to THR.
Screenrant adds that although Manhunter is a vital character in the comicbook, it's uncertain whether the character will appear in multiple episodes on "Arrow." David Cubitt was reportedly confirmed to star in episode 3 only.
David Cubitt is among the other exciting additions to the Season 3 of "Arrow" according to THR. He joins the new season with "Superman" actor Brandon Routh (Atom/Ray Palmer), J.R. Ramirez (Wildcat/Ted Grant), Charlotte Ross (Felicity's mom), Karl Yune (Maseo), Devon Aki (Katana) and Peter Stormare as the new Count Vertigo.
Season 3 of "Arrow" will return at its slated timeslot at 8:00 p.m. EST on the CW channel.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop