'Arrow' Season 3 Spoilers: Episode 3 To Resurrect A Dead Character, New Star Cast
By Tanya Diente | August 14, 2014 4:25 PM EST
Season 3 of the DC comics-inspired TV show "Arrow" premieres on October 8. While fans await its return, producers of the show have reportedly decided to bring back one of its dead characters. To do this, a new actor has been added to the show's growing list of new casts.
Actor Stephen Amell arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
According to THR the CW superhero drama has enlisted "Medium" actor David Cubitt as one of its guest stars. He has landed the role of Mark Shaw aka "Manhunter" and is scheduled to appear in episode 3.
"Arrow" had previously hinted of Manhunter's character through Kate Spencer portrayed by actress Chelah Horsdal. According to comicbook, in the comics Spencer is Starling City's district attorney and she also took on the character of Manhunter. She became the Manhunter after she stole some superhero equipment from the police's evidence room. However, Kate Spencer was killed on the later part of Season 2. Horsdal's exit through her character's death reportedly posed questions whether she would be recast as Manhunter.
Apparently, Kate Spencer as Manhunter in Season 3 is out of the question since the English-born Canadian actor will take over the character. THR reports David Cubitt will assume the role of an A.R.G.U.S. agent in Corto Malese on his first appearance as Mark Shaw in episode 3 of "Arrow." He will eventually turn into the Manhunter after he crosses path with John Diggle (David Ramsey) according to Digital Spy.
Screenrant claims in the comics, Mark Shaw also appeared as a U.S. Marshall and as an accomplished Manhunter in the New 52. Shaw's alter-ego is also connected to the Suicidal Squad where Oliver Queen and Diggle are also a part of according to THR.
Screenrant adds that although Manhunter is a vital character in the comicbook, it's uncertain whether the character will appear in multiple episodes on "Arrow." David Cubitt was reportedly confirmed to star in episode 3 only.
David Cubitt is among the other exciting additions to the Season 3 of "Arrow" according to THR. He joins the new season with "Superman" actor Brandon Routh (Atom/Ray Palmer), J.R. Ramirez (Wildcat/Ted Grant), Charlotte Ross (Felicity's mom), Karl Yune (Maseo), Devon Aki (Katana) and Peter Stormare as the new Count Vertigo.
Season 3 of "Arrow" will return at its slated timeslot at 8:00 p.m. EST on the CW channel.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter
- ‘Top Gun 2’ Update: ‘The Jungle Book’ Writer Onboard, Tom Cruise Likely To Reprise His Role
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation