Update Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat with SlimSaber ROM
By Ryan Inoyori | August 14, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 users who utilised the Android 4.4.2 SlimSaber custom ROM can now update the smartphone to the new Android 4.4.4 KitKat version of the same ROM using a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod. Below are the steps on how to do it using the same methods for the early build.
1. Use the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 smartphone only.
2. Root the smartphone and install a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod recovery.
3. Create a manual backup of all personal information, settings and data files stored on the Galaxy S2.
4. Make sure that the battery level is at least 50 per cent.
5. Enable USB debugging mode by going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
6. Download and install USB drivers on the computer for Galaxy S2.
Warning: We are not responsible for any error which may occur on the device. Read and follow the instructions carefully to avoid damaging the device. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the SlimSaber Android 4.4.4 custom ROM and Google Apps package to the SD card of the smartphone. Don't extract the zip files.
3. Disconnect the Galaxy S2 then switch it off.
4. Reboot into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding volume up, home and power keys at the same time till the Samsung logo appears.
5. Inside the Recovery Mode, create an Android backup of the current ROM by selecting "backup and restore > backup." It will be saved inside the SD card which can be restored anytime.
6. Perform a complete wipe on the device. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition" then "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
7. Install the SlimSaber Android 4.4.4 KitKat ROM by selecting "install zip from SD card > choose from SD card > look for the custom ROM > confirm installation." Apply the same with Google Apps package.
8. After the installation, go back to the main menu then select "reboot system now."
9. It may take up to five minutes till the device reaches the home screen since it is first time running the ROM.
For comments, issues and errors, kindly send feedbacks to Team Android SlimSaber for Galaxy S2 main page.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build