Transfer News: Real Madrid Alerted as Falcao's Father Reveals Imminent Monaco Exit
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 14, 2014 4:13 PM EST
Spanish giants Real Madrid are suddenly alerted after Radamel Falcao's father revealed that the forward might leave AS Monaco this summer.
Monaco's Radamel Falcao walks on the field before their French Ligue 1 soccer match against Lorient at Louis II stadium in Monaco August 10, 2014.
The 28-year-old was expected to head to the Bernabeu last summer after an impressive 2-season stint with rivaling neighbors Atletico Madrid, but shockingly opted for an unpopular decision, joining the Principality club.
Compatriot and teammate James Rodriguez, instead, went ahead of him and is now donning the Los Blancos shirt, while calling on the former River Plate man to follow suit.
With all the rumours circulating about the Colombian international's future, his father refused to categorically answer questions relating to such matter.
"I can't rule out that my son might leave," said Radamel Garcia.
However, he reiterated that for the time being, his son's focus is solely with the Ligue 1 runners-up.
"But the only thing I can say is that, for now, he has a contract with Monaco."
Falcao is tied with the Rouges et Blancs until 2018 after completing a £53million move last summer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar