Nokia Lumia 636 vs. HTC Desire 501 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 14, 2014 4:10 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Nokia Lumia 636 or the HTC Desire 501, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display And Design
The Nokia Lumia 636 comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 480 x 854 pixels. The HTC Desire 501 comes with a 4.3-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. Both devices are about the same in this category. The Lumia 636 has 221 ppi pixel display density compared to the 217 ppi pixel display density on the Desire 501.
The Nokia Lumia 636 measures 129.5 x 66.7 x 9.2 mm and weighs 134 grams. The HTC Desire 501 is very similar in design. The device measures 128.5 x 66.9 x 9.8 mm and weighs 130 grams.
Hardware And Operating System
The Nokia Lumia 636 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The HTC Desire 501 is equipped with a 1.15 GHz dual core processor. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Nokia Lumia 636 runs on the Windows Phone 8.1 operating system and the HTC Desire 501 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system. Both devices have 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, both devices are about the same.
The Nokia Lumia 636 sports a 5 MP camera with autofocus and does not feature a secondary camera. The HTC Desire 501 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP.
The Nokia Lumia 636 comes with Li-Ion 1830 mAh battery and the HTC Desire 501 comes with a Li-Ion 2100 mAh battery.
Price In Australia
The Nokia Lumia 636 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $219.95 and the HTC Desire 501 Dual SIM variant is priced at around AU $269.95 in Australia.
More Articles To Read
OnePlus One vs. Motorola Moto X Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy