Nokia Lumia 636 vs. HTC Desire 501 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 14, 2014 4:10 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Nokia Lumia 636 or the HTC Desire 501, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display And Design
The Nokia Lumia 636 comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 480 x 854 pixels. The HTC Desire 501 comes with a 4.3-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. Both devices are about the same in this category. The Lumia 636 has 221 ppi pixel display density compared to the 217 ppi pixel display density on the Desire 501.
The Nokia Lumia 636 measures 129.5 x 66.7 x 9.2 mm and weighs 134 grams. The HTC Desire 501 is very similar in design. The device measures 128.5 x 66.9 x 9.8 mm and weighs 130 grams.
Hardware And Operating System
The Nokia Lumia 636 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The HTC Desire 501 is equipped with a 1.15 GHz dual core processor. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Nokia Lumia 636 runs on the Windows Phone 8.1 operating system and the HTC Desire 501 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system. Both devices have 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power, both devices are about the same.
The Nokia Lumia 636 sports a 5 MP camera with autofocus and does not feature a secondary camera. The HTC Desire 501 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP.
The Nokia Lumia 636 comes with Li-Ion 1830 mAh battery and the HTC Desire 501 comes with a Li-Ion 2100 mAh battery.
Price In Australia
The Nokia Lumia 636 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $219.95 and the HTC Desire 501 Dual SIM variant is priced at around AU $269.95 in Australia.
More Articles To Read
OnePlus One vs. Motorola Moto X Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28