iPad Air 2, Mini 3 Release Date Soon as AT&T Chops Off 2013 iPads Price to $200
By Erik Pineda | August 14, 2014 3:45 PM EST
Apple has reportedly commenced the mass production for the second-generation iPad Air as well as that of the third iPad Mini this August and the devices' nearing release date is seemingly hinted by the previous models lowering price tag lately.
An illustration picture shows application icons on an Apple Ipad tablet held by a woman in Bordeaux, Southwestern France, February 4, 2013.
Over at AT&T, the iPad Mini 2 with the Retina display panel is offered to subscribers for as low as $200 while the original iPad Air, actually the fifth 9.7-inch iOS tablet from Apple, is ready for the taking for only $329.
Both tablets, according to BGR, are in the basic iPad storage configuration of 16GB and as expected are attached with 2-year contract agreement.
But there is catch before users can really toy around with the gadgets. Would-be buyers will need to secure first any of the iPhone 5S or 5C package that falls under the AT&T Next Plan. This entails getting a different kit with a separate cellular deal that would mean additional monthly service charges for 24 months.
To convince, however, the consumers to take the quick plunge, AT&T is spreading out the 5S and 5C cost over the course of several months.
Also, a close check would reveal that tablet users will enjoy hefty savings as the U.S. telco sells the iPad Air at $530 and the Retina-toting iPad Mini 2 at $430 on regular days. So this would be the chance for those long-yearning to take home a new iPad at any size - the bigger but significantly slimmed down or its 7.9-inch sibling - with $200 savings on the side.
Yet while the deal seems mouth-watering enough, it might be prudent to hold out for a few more months as promos like this normally foretell of something bigger and better to come and real soon. In this case, it is the iPad refresh treatment that see the unleashing the improved versions of both the Air and Mini.
While Apple watchers expect little tweaks on the externals of the two iPads, the inclusion of Touch ID-enabled Home buttons on both kits might be the compelling to upgrade or finally try out the Apple tablets.
The upcoming models are also expected to pack a 64-bit A8 application processor that will work with iOS 8 for top-notch and optimal tablet experience the Apple way.
On release date, the iPad Air and the iPad Mini 3 will likely mirror the original starting price of their immediate processors - at $500 and $400 respectively.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates