Britney Spears Loses Weight for Vegas Show, Credits Yoga and Lots of Cardio
By Sarah Thomas | August 14, 2014 2:25 PM EST
Britney Spears is all set for the Vegas show, and she credits her sexy toned body and dramatic weight loss to a low carb diet and a regular yoga workout. She is going to show off her slim and toned abs at her upcoming Piece of Me live shows in Las Vegas.
Britney Spears holds the award she won for favorite pop artist at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
She took a shot of her new body and uploaded it on Instagram to give her fans a glimpse of what she has in store for them at the show. Her caption for the photo stated, Amazing amazing shoot with @jeffipsky today! Been working hard this summer! So ready to bring it for the next round of #PieceofMe shows next week." The shows are a part of her two-year Vegas residency and she is going to be performing on tracks from her recent album, Britney Jean.
Tony Martinez has included a lot of cardio and yoga in the singer's weight loss regime, with also a strict low carb diet. Several celebrities like Megan Fox, Kim Kardashian, Kristin Callavari, Tim Mc Graw have benefited from a low-carb diet and nearly all of them have seen quick and amazing results. While kicking up the adrenaline is always a good way to shed some pounds and feel good, a very efficient and effective diet plan also needs to be incorporated in a weight-loss programme to see the best results.
Britney said, "I am doing 90 minutes of yoga twice a week in addition to lots of cardio - hour-long sessions three times a week with my trainer, Tony Martinez." She explained that the Vegas performances would be hard and since it would be a massive party from start to finish, she said she would have to be in top shape to pull it off. "I have to be in top condition and running at full speed."
Martinez said that the main aim was to increase her endurance and concentrate on weight loss as well. He described his hour long sessions to Shape and stated that they, "sometimes involve what I call the "Four B's. They include a mix of different exercises including sports, treadmill exercise, and ab workout."
The "Four B's" were basketball jump shot against the wall 20 times, backwards interval walking on a treadmill at 2.0 mph for 1 minute then walk forward for a minute, balancing on one leg then with one arm doing medicine ball slams. The last "B" was a bicycle and rotate on the floor mat for her abs 20 times.
While opinions about a diet cum physical workout might vary, some finding strenuous physical training difficult, Spears belongs to other group who face dieting problems. She said that she found dieting hard because she loves high-calorie, high-carb fare such as spaghetti, brownies and chocolate chip cookies.
Martinez has used different weightloss strategies to give her the best results. Yoga has always looked at as a means to calm the body, while the popular notion is that only other kinds of rigorous exercises can aid weight loss. Celebrity yoga trainers Ana Brett and Ravi Singh, who have trained Madonna and Gwyneth Paltrow, state that yoga is a powerful weight loss method. "We have seen it in ourselves, we have seen it in our clients - yoga can give you a real workout even if you are a beginner," said Brett. The two of them have created the best-selling DVD programme Fat Free Yoga
The low-carb diet too has caught the fascination of all the people on the Internet, and Britney has only added to its popularity.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- More Than 50 Australian Men Got Pregnant, Gave Birth to Babies in 2013; Advocate Predicts Trend to Last
- What Quinoa Is And Why It's Good For Weight Loss
- Home Flu Test Kit Available Soon
- Preterm Birth Complications Outranks Leading Causes Of Death In Young Children
- Bird Flu Update: European Union Commission Enforces Curbs On Poultry : UK Says It Is At Low Risk
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Germany, Not U.S., Is The World’s Favorite Country; UK, Canada, Australia Maintain Top 10 Spots