Britney Spears Loses Weight for Vegas Show, Credits Yoga and Lots of Cardio
By Sarah Thomas | August 14, 2014 2:25 PM EST
Britney Spears is all set for the Vegas show, and she credits her sexy toned body and dramatic weight loss to a low carb diet and a regular yoga workout. She is going to show off her slim and toned abs at her upcoming Piece of Me live shows in Las Vegas.
Britney Spears holds the award she won for favorite pop artist at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
She took a shot of her new body and uploaded it on Instagram to give her fans a glimpse of what she has in store for them at the show. Her caption for the photo stated, Amazing amazing shoot with @jeffipsky today! Been working hard this summer! So ready to bring it for the next round of #PieceofMe shows next week." The shows are a part of her two-year Vegas residency and she is going to be performing on tracks from her recent album, Britney Jean.
Tony Martinez has included a lot of cardio and yoga in the singer's weight loss regime, with also a strict low carb diet. Several celebrities like Megan Fox, Kim Kardashian, Kristin Callavari, Tim Mc Graw have benefited from a low-carb diet and nearly all of them have seen quick and amazing results. While kicking up the adrenaline is always a good way to shed some pounds and feel good, a very efficient and effective diet plan also needs to be incorporated in a weight-loss programme to see the best results.
Britney said, "I am doing 90 minutes of yoga twice a week in addition to lots of cardio - hour-long sessions three times a week with my trainer, Tony Martinez." She explained that the Vegas performances would be hard and since it would be a massive party from start to finish, she said she would have to be in top shape to pull it off. "I have to be in top condition and running at full speed."
Martinez said that the main aim was to increase her endurance and concentrate on weight loss as well. He described his hour long sessions to Shape and stated that they, "sometimes involve what I call the "Four B's. They include a mix of different exercises including sports, treadmill exercise, and ab workout."
The "Four B's" were basketball jump shot against the wall 20 times, backwards interval walking on a treadmill at 2.0 mph for 1 minute then walk forward for a minute, balancing on one leg then with one arm doing medicine ball slams. The last "B" was a bicycle and rotate on the floor mat for her abs 20 times.
While opinions about a diet cum physical workout might vary, some finding strenuous physical training difficult, Spears belongs to other group who face dieting problems. She said that she found dieting hard because she loves high-calorie, high-carb fare such as spaghetti, brownies and chocolate chip cookies.
Martinez has used different weightloss strategies to give her the best results. Yoga has always looked at as a means to calm the body, while the popular notion is that only other kinds of rigorous exercises can aid weight loss. Celebrity yoga trainers Ana Brett and Ravi Singh, who have trained Madonna and Gwyneth Paltrow, state that yoga is a powerful weight loss method. "We have seen it in ourselves, we have seen it in our clients - yoga can give you a real workout even if you are a beginner," said Brett. The two of them have created the best-selling DVD programme Fat Free Yoga
The low-carb diet too has caught the fascination of all the people on the Internet, and Britney has only added to its popularity.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Back To Herself After Struggling With Hyperemesis Gravidarum
- Ebola Vaccine: Johnson & Johnson Confident Of Human Trials In January And Market Delivery in May Next Year
- New York Doctor Tests Positive For Ebola
- ‘Death Sentence’ For 50,000 Australians With The Refusal Of Costly Hep C Treatment
- Dead Heart Beats Again, Doctors Use It For Transplant – A World’s First For Australia
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'