LeBron James To Return To Miami as Part of the NBA's Christmas Day Slate
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | August 14, 2014 1:45 PM EST
The NBA is cashing on the renewed rivalry of the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Miami Heat as sources reveal that the league will announce Wednesday the forthcoming match-up to be held on Christmas day.
NBA basketball player LeBron James (back C) of the Cleveland Cavaliers poses for a photo with children after a basketball clinic in Hong Kong July 23, 2014.
According to CBS Sports, LeBron James will now know whether to expect a chorus of boos or a standing ovation as a symbol of gratitude when he sets foot at the American Airlines Arena on Christmas day. He will be facing former teammates and troika members Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh who chose to stay with the Heat and rebuild life post-LeBron.
The schedule makers of the NBA released the full length of the upcoming slate for the 2014-2015 season Wednesday. Speculations have been ripe the past week that the Cleveland Cavaliers would be witnesses to the "Ring Night" of the reigning champions San Antonio Spurs, which were already quashed by a follow-up report that the Texas-based team will be opening against their rivals, the Dallas Mavericks. The said teams figured in a seven game first round classic last playoffs.
Still, all eyes will be focused on the new potential super team of the Cavaliers who will feature the James, best player in basketball, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love, who is reportedly on his way to Cleveland by Aug. 23. The announcement that they will be paired with the Heat on Christmas comes as no surprise. However, no opening date opponent against the Cavs has been mentioned to date. There are some pundits who believe that the newly constructed Cavaliers will open up against fellow eastern conference hopeful Chicago Bulls who are again parading a come backing Derrick Rose.
In the other Christmas day feature, Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times has already reported earlier in the week, that the Los Angeles Clippers will face off with the Golden State Warriors, adding more fuel to the growing rivalry between the talented teams. The NBA usually features 3 to 4 lineups of basketball games during Christmas day and these two alone can already supplant a very heated holiday season. Other games to make the Christmas day round-up are the San Antonio Spurs versus the Oklahoma City Thunder, Washington Wizards at New York Knicks and the Los Angeles Lakers at the Chicago Bulls.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’