LeBron James To Return To Miami as Part of the NBA's Christmas Day Slate
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | August 14, 2014 1:45 PM EST
The NBA is cashing on the renewed rivalry of the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Miami Heat as sources reveal that the league will announce Wednesday the forthcoming match-up to be held on Christmas day.
NBA basketball player LeBron James (back C) of the Cleveland Cavaliers poses for a photo with children after a basketball clinic in Hong Kong July 23, 2014.
According to CBS Sports, LeBron James will now know whether to expect a chorus of boos or a standing ovation as a symbol of gratitude when he sets foot at the American Airlines Arena on Christmas day. He will be facing former teammates and troika members Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh who chose to stay with the Heat and rebuild life post-LeBron.
The schedule makers of the NBA released the full length of the upcoming slate for the 2014-2015 season Wednesday. Speculations have been ripe the past week that the Cleveland Cavaliers would be witnesses to the "Ring Night" of the reigning champions San Antonio Spurs, which were already quashed by a follow-up report that the Texas-based team will be opening against their rivals, the Dallas Mavericks. The said teams figured in a seven game first round classic last playoffs.
Still, all eyes will be focused on the new potential super team of the Cavaliers who will feature the James, best player in basketball, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love, who is reportedly on his way to Cleveland by Aug. 23. The announcement that they will be paired with the Heat on Christmas comes as no surprise. However, no opening date opponent against the Cavs has been mentioned to date. There are some pundits who believe that the newly constructed Cavaliers will open up against fellow eastern conference hopeful Chicago Bulls who are again parading a come backing Derrick Rose.
In the other Christmas day feature, Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times has already reported earlier in the week, that the Los Angeles Clippers will face off with the Golden State Warriors, adding more fuel to the growing rivalry between the talented teams. The NBA usually features 3 to 4 lineups of basketball games during Christmas day and these two alone can already supplant a very heated holiday season. Other games to make the Christmas day round-up are the San Antonio Spurs versus the Oklahoma City Thunder, Washington Wizards at New York Knicks and the Los Angeles Lakers at the Chicago Bulls.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Manchester United Owners Set To Sell Club In £3B Deal After Acquiring Cristiano Ronaldo, Report Says
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes