LeBron James To Return To Miami as Part of the NBA's Christmas Day Slate
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | August 14, 2014 1:45 PM EST
The NBA is cashing on the renewed rivalry of the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Miami Heat as sources reveal that the league will announce Wednesday the forthcoming match-up to be held on Christmas day.
NBA basketball player LeBron James (back C) of the Cleveland Cavaliers poses for a photo with children after a basketball clinic in Hong Kong July 23, 2014.
According to CBS Sports, LeBron James will now know whether to expect a chorus of boos or a standing ovation as a symbol of gratitude when he sets foot at the American Airlines Arena on Christmas day. He will be facing former teammates and troika members Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh who chose to stay with the Heat and rebuild life post-LeBron.
The schedule makers of the NBA released the full length of the upcoming slate for the 2014-2015 season Wednesday. Speculations have been ripe the past week that the Cleveland Cavaliers would be witnesses to the "Ring Night" of the reigning champions San Antonio Spurs, which were already quashed by a follow-up report that the Texas-based team will be opening against their rivals, the Dallas Mavericks. The said teams figured in a seven game first round classic last playoffs.
Still, all eyes will be focused on the new potential super team of the Cavaliers who will feature the James, best player in basketball, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love, who is reportedly on his way to Cleveland by Aug. 23. The announcement that they will be paired with the Heat on Christmas comes as no surprise. However, no opening date opponent against the Cavs has been mentioned to date. There are some pundits who believe that the newly constructed Cavaliers will open up against fellow eastern conference hopeful Chicago Bulls who are again parading a come backing Derrick Rose.
In the other Christmas day feature, Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times has already reported earlier in the week, that the Los Angeles Clippers will face off with the Golden State Warriors, adding more fuel to the growing rivalry between the talented teams. The NBA usually features 3 to 4 lineups of basketball games during Christmas day and these two alone can already supplant a very heated holiday season. Other games to make the Christmas day round-up are the San Antonio Spurs versus the Oklahoma City Thunder, Washington Wizards at New York Knicks and the Los Angeles Lakers at the Chicago Bulls.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft