LeBron James To Return To Miami as Part of the NBA's Christmas Day Slate
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | August 14, 2014 1:45 PM EST
The NBA is cashing on the renewed rivalry of the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Miami Heat as sources reveal that the league will announce Wednesday the forthcoming match-up to be held on Christmas day.
NBA basketball player LeBron James (back C) of the Cleveland Cavaliers poses for a photo with children after a basketball clinic in Hong Kong July 23, 2014.
According to CBS Sports, LeBron James will now know whether to expect a chorus of boos or a standing ovation as a symbol of gratitude when he sets foot at the American Airlines Arena on Christmas day. He will be facing former teammates and troika members Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh who chose to stay with the Heat and rebuild life post-LeBron.
The schedule makers of the NBA released the full length of the upcoming slate for the 2014-2015 season Wednesday. Speculations have been ripe the past week that the Cleveland Cavaliers would be witnesses to the "Ring Night" of the reigning champions San Antonio Spurs, which were already quashed by a follow-up report that the Texas-based team will be opening against their rivals, the Dallas Mavericks. The said teams figured in a seven game first round classic last playoffs.
Still, all eyes will be focused on the new potential super team of the Cavaliers who will feature the James, best player in basketball, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love, who is reportedly on his way to Cleveland by Aug. 23. The announcement that they will be paired with the Heat on Christmas comes as no surprise. However, no opening date opponent against the Cavs has been mentioned to date. There are some pundits who believe that the newly constructed Cavaliers will open up against fellow eastern conference hopeful Chicago Bulls who are again parading a come backing Derrick Rose.
In the other Christmas day feature, Brad Turner of the Los Angeles Times has already reported earlier in the week, that the Los Angeles Clippers will face off with the Golden State Warriors, adding more fuel to the growing rivalry between the talented teams. The NBA usually features 3 to 4 lineups of basketball games during Christmas day and these two alone can already supplant a very heated holiday season. Other games to make the Christmas day round-up are the San Antonio Spurs versus the Oklahoma City Thunder, Washington Wizards at New York Knicks and the Los Angeles Lakers at the Chicago Bulls.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies