Kate Gosselin Accused of Child Abuse: Michael Jackson and Other Celebrities Who Have Also Been Charged
By Sarah Thomas | August 14, 2014 1:24 PM EST
Robert Hoffman, author of Kate Gosselin: How She Fooled the World, stated in the book that the American TV personality Kate Gosselin allegedly beat her children with a wooden spoon and pulled them by their hair. Her alleged uncontrollable anger and abusive behaviour is revealed in the book.
U.S. pop star Michael Jackson gestures during a news conference at the O2 Arena in London March 5, 2009. Jackson said he will hold a series of final concerts in Britain later in the year.
Hoffman also said that his book was based on Kate's own journal entries, where she writes of her own "stress meltdown."
Describing her so-called abusive behaviour, he draws from an incident, in which he wrote: "The kids were outside playing and Collin poured some beans on the floor and was sent inside. He didn't like that so he knocked down some highchairs in the kitchen and that set Kate off."
He also writes that Kate allegedly is "the spanker" who hit her children. Hoffman's book cites Kate's journal in which she admits trouble with her children. He further writes, "Kate said that she was instantly so SO angry that she grabbed him and spanked him as hard as she could and thought that she may seriously injure him so she sent him to his crib and whipped him into it very hard!"
Robert not only accuses Kate of bad behaviour but also stated that she manipulated her fertility treatments so that she can have a second set of multiples. According to the book, she is trying to become famous through her children and he calls this her "master plan."
Kate is not the first person accusing her of abusing children, 2012 reports about Kate's abusive behaviour that made the headlines. She herself had admitted hitting her kids and pulling their hair in anger, an incident also highlighted in Hoffman's book
The book has a lot of allegations about Kate, the truth, however, is still a mystery. Readers have given Hoofman a lot of positive reviews about his book and his writings have sparked anger at Kate.
National Child Abuse statistics state that child abuse is an often hidden and neglected endemic, with nearly 3 million reports of child abuse are recorded every year. The reports reveal that nearly 6 million children have been abused. The statistics reveal a few more unknown and frightening facts as it stated, "More than four children die every day as a result of child abuse and about 30% of abused and neglected children will later abuse their own children, continuing the horrible cycle of abuse."
Kate is not the only celebrity accused of child abuse, there are several others that the media had reported. The latest report by Agence France-Presse states that a Los Angeles man, James Safechuck, 36, who appeared with Michael Jackson in a Pepsi commercial, claims that he was abused by Jackson over 100 times in the late 1980s. A lawyer for Jackson's estate, Howard Weitzman, said that, "Mr Safechuck's request to file a late claim against the Jackson Estate so he can recover money from Michael's beneficiary will hopefully be rejected. This is a person that made his claim five years after Michael died, more than 20 years after the incidents supposedly happened and has given sworn testimony that Michael never did anything inappropriate to him."
Coronation Street star William Roache was arrested at his home in northwest England over an allegation of raping an underage girl between April and July 1967. Former Hey Dad! star Robert Hughes was also found guilty for assaulting 15-year-old girls dating back to the 1980s.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Sex Change Surgery Gets Enhanced Cover From US Insurance Firms: Obama Regime's Policy Change Became The Trigger
- Chilling: Ebola Spreads Through Sneeze and Cough Droplets And Toilet Seats
- Red Cross Aussie Nurse Says Australia’s Ebola Visa Ban Is Embarrassing
- From 30-Inch To 16-Inch Waistline, Woman Shrinks Self With Corset [Video]
- New Zealand Develops New Drug To Fight 'Superbugs'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery