BioWare 'You've Been Chosen' Series Of Teaser Videos Revealed As 'Shadow Realms' RPG Video Game: Closed Alpha Program Now Open For Sign Up [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | August 14, 2014 1:03 PM EST
Finally, BioWare has revealed that the series of "You've Been Chosen" videos ("Fire," "Impact" "Spark" and "Nightmare") that it previously released is for the new role playing game, or RPG called "Shadow Realms." The revelation coincided with the company's special fan event in Cologne, Germany on Wednesday, Aug. 13, 2014. Read on to learn more about "Shadow Realms."
U.S. troops from the NATO International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) keep watch as workers load ballot boxes to a truck which will be transferred to Kabul for an audit of the presidential run-off, in Jalalabad province July 20, 2014. The Independent Election Commission (IEC) said it would bring ballot boxes from almost 23,000 polling stations to Kabul and each of the ballots cast would be individually examined. Picture taken July 20, 2014.
According to the "Shadow Realms" blog on the game's official website, it is inspired by the classic video game "Dungeons & Dragons." James Ohlen, the lead game designer of several video games including "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic," "Dragon Age: Origins," "Baldur's Gate" and "Star Wars: The Old Republic" explained what BioWare's "Shadow Realms" is all about.
Ohlen wrote that "Shadow Realms" is different from other BioWare RPGs because this one allows players to play the game without ever ending the story. It can be continuously played for as long as they want. He also said that the villains in the game are unpredictable, which makes it all the more challenging.
In the game's overview, BioWare also said that "Shadow Realms" is a 4v1 story-driven Online Action RPG. It will be an ongoing game with dynamic co-op missions and new episodes that will be released regularly.
Players can follow their own path in the game, based on the choices they make throughout the story. But, the main plot of "Shadow Realms" is that there is a modern-day Hero who will find out one day that he or she has magical powers and that it must be used to save the world. The Hero will team up with three other Heroes and go off in several adventures to fight various creatures and demons connected to the Shadow Legions, including a player-controlled Shadowlord. Of course, it is a highly customizable game with different options for character and combat style.
Those who want to try out BioWare's "Shadow Realms" can sign up for a chance to be part of the game's Closed Alpha program. They can use their existing EA Origin account or create a new EA Origin account. Click HERE to sign up for the "Shadow Realms" Closed Alpha program.
For more updates about BioWare's new RPG "Shadow Realms," as well as other news about gaming, entertainment, technology, business, finance, sports, science and politics, keep reading International Business Times, or IBTimes.
Watch the "SHADOW REALMS": "Chosen" Live Action Trailer below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Android M OS Version Spotted At AOSP Before Android 5.0 L's Official Release Date
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha Will Be Available With AT&T From Sept 26, Unlocked Edition Priced At $612.99
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Smartwatches, Chunky Watches, Other Accessories And Tattoos
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?