Frances Bean Cobain Reaches Out to Zelda Williams After Robin Williams’ Death
By Anne Lu | August 14, 2014 12:36 PM EST
Zelda Williams has received support from someone who also lost a father to suicide. Frances Bean Cobain, daughter of the late Nirvana lead Kurt Cobain, has reached out to Zelda days after Robin Williams died.
Robin Williams gestures during a panel discussion for his upcoming HBO show "Robin Williams: Weapons of Self-Destruction" at the Television Critics Association Cable summer press tour in Pasadena, July 30, 2009.
Robin was said to be suffering from depression for a while before he hanged himself in his California residence on Monday.
Tributes and condolences from around the world pour in for the Williams family soon after the tragic news was announced in the media.
As thousands of people, including celebrities and political personalities, offer their support for the family, Frances opted to direct her kind words to Zelda.
@zeldawilliams You have such an incredibly beautiful soul. I love you but you already knew that. Wherever, whenever u need me I'll be there💖
— Frances Bean Cobain (@alka_seltzer666) August 12, 2014
Frances, the only daughter of Kurt and Courtney Love, also lost her father to suicide. She was just 3 years old when Kurt took his own life in his house.
Reports circulated then that apart from his persistent drug addiction, the rocker was also suffering from clinical depression.
It’s unclear if Zelda has read Frances’ message, but she has since deactivated her Twitter and Instagram accounts after Internet trolls sent her fake images of her father’s body.
“I will be leaving this account for a bit while I heal and decide if I’ll be deleting it or not,” she wrote on her Instagram. “In this difficult time, please try to be respectful of the accounts of myself, my family and my friends. Mining our accounts for photos of dad, or judging me on the number of them is cruel and unnecessary.”
Zelda and her brothers Zak and Cody have all issued their statements regarding the loss of their father. Robin’s ex-wife Marsha Garces, the mother of Zelda and Cody, as well his widow Susan Schneider have also sent their individual statements.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia