Frances Bean Cobain Reaches Out to Zelda Williams After Robin Williams’ Death
By Anne Lu | August 14, 2014 12:36 PM EST
Zelda Williams has received support from someone who also lost a father to suicide. Frances Bean Cobain, daughter of the late Nirvana lead Kurt Cobain, has reached out to Zelda days after Robin Williams died.
Robin Williams gestures during a panel discussion for his upcoming HBO show "Robin Williams: Weapons of Self-Destruction" at the Television Critics Association Cable summer press tour in Pasadena, July 30, 2009.
Robin was said to be suffering from depression for a while before he hanged himself in his California residence on Monday.
Tributes and condolences from around the world pour in for the Williams family soon after the tragic news was announced in the media.
As thousands of people, including celebrities and political personalities, offer their support for the family, Frances opted to direct her kind words to Zelda.
@zeldawilliams You have such an incredibly beautiful soul. I love you but you already knew that. Wherever, whenever u need me I'll be there💖
— Frances Bean Cobain (@alka_seltzer666) August 12, 2014
Frances, the only daughter of Kurt and Courtney Love, also lost her father to suicide. She was just 3 years old when Kurt took his own life in his house.
Reports circulated then that apart from his persistent drug addiction, the rocker was also suffering from clinical depression.
It’s unclear if Zelda has read Frances’ message, but she has since deactivated her Twitter and Instagram accounts after Internet trolls sent her fake images of her father’s body.
“I will be leaving this account for a bit while I heal and decide if I’ll be deleting it or not,” she wrote on her Instagram. “In this difficult time, please try to be respectful of the accounts of myself, my family and my friends. Mining our accounts for photos of dad, or judging me on the number of them is cruel and unnecessary.”
Zelda and her brothers Zak and Cody have all issued their statements regarding the loss of their father. Robin’s ex-wife Marsha Garces, the mother of Zelda and Cody, as well his widow Susan Schneider have also sent their individual statements.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related