Frances Bean Cobain Reaches Out to Zelda Williams After Robin Williams’ Death
By Anne Lu | August 14, 2014 12:36 PM EST
Zelda Williams has received support from someone who also lost a father to suicide. Frances Bean Cobain, daughter of the late Nirvana lead Kurt Cobain, has reached out to Zelda days after Robin Williams died.
Robin Williams gestures during a panel discussion for his upcoming HBO show "Robin Williams: Weapons of Self-Destruction" at the Television Critics Association Cable summer press tour in Pasadena, July 30, 2009.
Robin was said to be suffering from depression for a while before he hanged himself in his California residence on Monday.
Tributes and condolences from around the world pour in for the Williams family soon after the tragic news was announced in the media.
As thousands of people, including celebrities and political personalities, offer their support for the family, Frances opted to direct her kind words to Zelda.
@zeldawilliams You have such an incredibly beautiful soul. I love you but you already knew that. Wherever, whenever u need me I'll be there💖
— Frances Bean Cobain (@alka_seltzer666) August 12, 2014
Frances, the only daughter of Kurt and Courtney Love, also lost her father to suicide. She was just 3 years old when Kurt took his own life in his house.
Reports circulated then that apart from his persistent drug addiction, the rocker was also suffering from clinical depression.
It’s unclear if Zelda has read Frances’ message, but she has since deactivated her Twitter and Instagram accounts after Internet trolls sent her fake images of her father’s body.
“I will be leaving this account for a bit while I heal and decide if I’ll be deleting it or not,” she wrote on her Instagram. “In this difficult time, please try to be respectful of the accounts of myself, my family and my friends. Mining our accounts for photos of dad, or judging me on the number of them is cruel and unnecessary.”
Zelda and her brothers Zak and Cody have all issued their statements regarding the loss of their father. Robin’s ex-wife Marsha Garces, the mother of Zelda and Cody, as well his widow Susan Schneider have also sent their individual statements.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Samsung SM-A500 (aka Wallet-Friendly Galaxy Alpha) Clears TENAA Revealing Images And Specs
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate