Frances Bean Cobain Reaches Out to Zelda Williams After Robin Williams’ Death
By Anne Lu | August 14, 2014 12:36 PM EST
Zelda Williams has received support from someone who also lost a father to suicide. Frances Bean Cobain, daughter of the late Nirvana lead Kurt Cobain, has reached out to Zelda days after Robin Williams died.
Robin Williams gestures during a panel discussion for his upcoming HBO show "Robin Williams: Weapons of Self-Destruction" at the Television Critics Association Cable summer press tour in Pasadena, July 30, 2009.
Robin was said to be suffering from depression for a while before he hanged himself in his California residence on Monday.
Tributes and condolences from around the world pour in for the Williams family soon after the tragic news was announced in the media.
As thousands of people, including celebrities and political personalities, offer their support for the family, Frances opted to direct her kind words to Zelda.
@zeldawilliams You have such an incredibly beautiful soul. I love you but you already knew that. Wherever, whenever u need me I'll be there💖
— Frances Bean Cobain (@alka_seltzer666) August 12, 2014
Frances, the only daughter of Kurt and Courtney Love, also lost her father to suicide. She was just 3 years old when Kurt took his own life in his house.
Reports circulated then that apart from his persistent drug addiction, the rocker was also suffering from clinical depression.
It’s unclear if Zelda has read Frances’ message, but she has since deactivated her Twitter and Instagram accounts after Internet trolls sent her fake images of her father’s body.
“I will be leaving this account for a bit while I heal and decide if I’ll be deleting it or not,” she wrote on her Instagram. “In this difficult time, please try to be respectful of the accounts of myself, my family and my friends. Mining our accounts for photos of dad, or judging me on the number of them is cruel and unnecessary.”
Zelda and her brothers Zak and Cody have all issued their statements regarding the loss of their father. Robin’s ex-wife Marsha Garces, the mother of Zelda and Cody, as well his widow Susan Schneider have also sent their individual statements.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists