Frances Bean Cobain Reaches Out to Zelda Williams After Robin Williams’ Death
By Anne Lu | August 14, 2014 12:36 PM EST
Zelda Williams has received support from someone who also lost a father to suicide. Frances Bean Cobain, daughter of the late Nirvana lead Kurt Cobain, has reached out to Zelda days after Robin Williams died.
Robin Williams gestures during a panel discussion for his upcoming HBO show "Robin Williams: Weapons of Self-Destruction" at the Television Critics Association Cable summer press tour in Pasadena, July 30, 2009.
Robin was said to be suffering from depression for a while before he hanged himself in his California residence on Monday.
Tributes and condolences from around the world pour in for the Williams family soon after the tragic news was announced in the media.
As thousands of people, including celebrities and political personalities, offer their support for the family, Frances opted to direct her kind words to Zelda.
@zeldawilliams You have such an incredibly beautiful soul. I love you but you already knew that. Wherever, whenever u need me I'll be there💖
— Frances Bean Cobain (@alka_seltzer666) August 12, 2014
Frances, the only daughter of Kurt and Courtney Love, also lost her father to suicide. She was just 3 years old when Kurt took his own life in his house.
Reports circulated then that apart from his persistent drug addiction, the rocker was also suffering from clinical depression.
It’s unclear if Zelda has read Frances’ message, but she has since deactivated her Twitter and Instagram accounts after Internet trolls sent her fake images of her father’s body.
“I will be leaving this account for a bit while I heal and decide if I’ll be deleting it or not,” she wrote on her Instagram. “In this difficult time, please try to be respectful of the accounts of myself, my family and my friends. Mining our accounts for photos of dad, or judging me on the number of them is cruel and unnecessary.”
Zelda and her brothers Zak and Cody have all issued their statements regarding the loss of their father. Robin’s ex-wife Marsha Garces, the mother of Zelda and Cody, as well his widow Susan Schneider have also sent their individual statements.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid