Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 vs. iPhone 4S Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 14, 2014 12:32 PM EST
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 was launched in Jan 2014 and is cheaper than the iPhone 4S, which was launched in Oct 2011. For readers who are considering buying one of the two devices, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia.
An Apple IPhone 4s and Samsung Galaxy S are seen in this illustration photo in Berlin August 27, 2012. Samsung Electronics shares slumped 7.5 percent on Monday, wiping more than $12 billion off the South Korean giant's market value, as a sweeping victory for Apple Inc in a U.S. patent lawsuit raised concerns about its smartphone business - its biggest cash cow. REUTERS/Pawel Kopczynski
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 comes with a 5.25-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The iPhone 4S comes with a 3.5-inch LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 640 x 960 pixels. The iPhone 4S has a slight edge in this category with 330 ppi pixels display density compared to the 280 ppi pixels display density on the Grand 2.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 measures 146.80 x 75.30 x 8.95mm and weighs 163 grams. The iPhone 4S is smaller, narrower, slightly thicker and lighter. The devices measures 115.2 x 58.6 x 9.3 mm and weighs 140 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The iPhone 4S is equipped with a 1 GHz dual core Cortex A9 processor and Apple A5 chipset. It comes in 8 GB, 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The device has 1.5 GB of RAM. The iPhone 4S runs on the iOS 5 operating system, which can be upgraded to the iOS 7 version. The device has 512 MB of RAM.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.9 MP. The iPhone 4S sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 comes with a Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 17 hours on 3G. The iPhone 4S comes with a non-removable Li-Po 1432 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 8 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $379.95 and the iPhone 4S 8 GB variant is priced at around AU $529.00 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
Samsung Galaxy S5 vs. iPhone 5C Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
OnePlus One vs. Motorola Moto X Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1