Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 vs. iPhone 4S Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 14, 2014 12:32 PM EST
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 was launched in Jan 2014 and is cheaper than the iPhone 4S, which was launched in Oct 2011. For readers who are considering buying one of the two devices, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia.
An Apple IPhone 4s and Samsung Galaxy S are seen in this illustration photo in Berlin August 27, 2012. Samsung Electronics shares slumped 7.5 percent on Monday, wiping more than $12 billion off the South Korean giant's market value, as a sweeping victory for Apple Inc in a U.S. patent lawsuit raised concerns about its smartphone business - its biggest cash cow. REUTERS/Pawel Kopczynski
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 comes with a 5.25-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The iPhone 4S comes with a 3.5-inch LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 640 x 960 pixels. The iPhone 4S has a slight edge in this category with 330 ppi pixels display density compared to the 280 ppi pixels display density on the Grand 2.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 measures 146.80 x 75.30 x 8.95mm and weighs 163 grams. The iPhone 4S is smaller, narrower, slightly thicker and lighter. The devices measures 115.2 x 58.6 x 9.3 mm and weighs 140 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The iPhone 4S is equipped with a 1 GHz dual core Cortex A9 processor and Apple A5 chipset. It comes in 8 GB, 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The device has 1.5 GB of RAM. The iPhone 4S runs on the iOS 5 operating system, which can be upgraded to the iOS 7 version. The device has 512 MB of RAM.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.9 MP. The iPhone 4S sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 comes with a Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 17 hours on 3G. The iPhone 4S comes with a non-removable Li-Po 1432 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 8 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $379.95 and the iPhone 4S 8 GB variant is priced at around AU $529.00 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
Samsung Galaxy S5 vs. iPhone 5C Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
OnePlus One vs. Motorola Moto X Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report