Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Could Be The Saving Grace As Company's Growth Declines; Freshly Leaked Specifications From China Listed
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 14, 2014 12:30 PM EST
The South Korean conglomerate Samsung is facing declining growth specific to the company's mobile business wing. With Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date nearing close, the company will be looking to close the wide gap in sales growth with the fourth quarter sales of the aforementioned device. In addition, freshly leaked specifications of the Galaxy Note 4 from China contradict the earlier leaks.
Students walk out of Samsung Electronics' headquarters in Seoul July 7, 2014. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Tuesday said operating profit likely fell 24.5 percent in April-June, its lowest in two years due to slowing growth in the company's cash cow smartphone business and the strength of the South Korean won.
Decline in Growth
Jan Dawson from Jackdaw Research opines that if the expected sales growth falls further, Samsung will have to forgo the biggest/best Android device manufacturer title. Furthering the trouble, the Chinese brand Xiaomi replaced Samsung head-on as the top selling handset manufacturer in China. If this is not challenging enough, another industry major Lenovo is very close to trumping Samsung in the near future. Alarmingly, the shipment number separating the two companies is less than 224,000 units, according to Phone Arena.
When it comes to emerging markets like Asia, cheaper handsets are still ruling the roost. Hence, companies like Micromax and Nokia with strong foothold in India are making hay while Samsung's growth deteriorates. However, in the developed nations, Samsung is challenged by other Android manufacturers like Sony, HTC and OnePlus, to name a few.
Even though Samsung banked on the Galaxy S5, the competition was too rife during the time of the release. The competitors include Sony Xperia Z2, HTC One M8, LG G3 and even the recently released OnePlus One comes packed with killer features to give Samsung a run for its money. Furthermore, the Galaxy Note 4 release date is slated for Sept. 3 in IFA 2014 Berlin.
New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Specifications
As per the leaked information, the display size of the Galaxy Note 4 will be 5.5-inch and not the 5.7-inch as rumoured earlier. Nevertheless, the phablet will come with a Quad HD screen resolution of 2,560 x 1,440 pixels and 534 ppi pixel density. As expected, the display panel will use the famed Super AMOLED technology.
The upcoming phablet will be powered by a superior Snapdragon 805 processor bundled with 3 GB of RAM. Moreover, the device will reportedly run on Android v4.4.3 KitKat OS out of the box.
When it comes to camera, the Galaxy Note 4 will feature a 16 MP ISOCELL camera unit instead of the 16 MP Sony sensor as reported earlier. Also, the device will reportedly house a 3.68 MP shooter in the front with QHD resolution. However, Samsung has not confirmed any of the above specifications thus far.
1. iPhone 6 on Release Date Will Feature 2.0 GHz A8 chip, Fine-Tuned Touch ID, NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, No Sapphire Display - [Read]
2. Nokia X2 Release Imminent as Microsoft's New Commercial Surfaces; Specifications, Features and Price Listed - [Read]
3. New Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Phablet With 6-Inch Display, 13 MP Camera And 2 GB RAM in the Offing - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes