'Halo 5: Guardians' and 'Halo Master Chief Collection' Detailed for Xbox One
By Gel Galang | August 14, 2014 11:56 AM EST
Gamescom for the Xbox One is not complete without touching on the subject of "Halo 5: Guardians" and the expected "Halo: The Master Chief Collection."
A scene from the multiplayer beta for the upcoming "Halo 5" game is shown during a presentation by Bonnie Ross (not pictured), studio head of 343 Industries, at the Xbox E3 Media Briefing at the University of Southern California's Galen Center in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
Battlefield Hardline vs. Titanfall: New Multiplayer, Car Chases Showcased and a Third DLC Pack Detailed
Since the "Master Chief Collection" is expected earlier than "Halo 5: Guardians," 343 Industries has revealed another map coming to the "Halo 2" multiplayer. Titled Sanctuary, this new map will be the venue for Capture the Flag and Territories, thanks to its design.
Xbox Wire features a few snapshots, which can be seen in the link here. As far as "Halo 5: Guardians" is concerned, IGN reports that there will be seven maps for multiplayer when the beta run kicks off on Dec. 29.
"The focus of the beta is going to be 4v4 arena gameplay," 343 Industries' Josh Holmes said in an interview quoted by IGN.
'Halo Channel' is Your Hub for Your Halo Needs
An explosion of Halo-related content is heading to the Xbox One, starting with the anticipated "Halo 5: Guardians." But it's not all about the games as Microsoft recently announced the "Halo Channel."
According to the Xbox Wire, the "Halo Channel" will be an interactive network where yo can have personalised access to the Halo universe. This means games, content and entertainment aspects of Halo for the fans.
Some of the expected features include:
- Live and timely content: From news to events, the "Halo Channel" will integrate Twitch so that fans can follow broadcasts, as well as get access to data.
- Interactive and sharable: Similar to a social sharing function in social media sites, you can personalise your viewing and content with friends
- Rewards and unlockables: In-game exclusive content will be made available for "Halo 5: Guardians" and "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" and all you have to do is watch the programs and participate in the Halo community.
- Multiplatform access: The "Halo Channel" will sync the Xbox One with any Windows 8.1 device, which makes the latter a second screen for seamless viewing.
The "Halo Channel" is expected to debut on Nov. 11 for the Xbox One and Windows 8.1 devices, with the Windows Phone 8.1 slated to follow shortly.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Tips For LG Nexus 5: Notifications, Accessibility, Privacy And Saving Battery
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Apple Watch: Works Only With The iPhone And The Confusing Apple WatchKit Software
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices