'Halo 5: Guardians' and 'Halo Master Chief Collection' Detailed for Xbox One
By Gel Galang | August 14, 2014 11:56 AM EST
Gamescom for the Xbox One is not complete without touching on the subject of "Halo 5: Guardians" and the expected "Halo: The Master Chief Collection."
A scene from the multiplayer beta for the upcoming "Halo 5" game is shown during a presentation by Bonnie Ross (not pictured), studio head of 343 Industries, at the Xbox E3 Media Briefing at the University of Southern California's Galen Center in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
Battlefield Hardline vs. Titanfall: New Multiplayer, Car Chases Showcased and a Third DLC Pack Detailed
Since the "Master Chief Collection" is expected earlier than "Halo 5: Guardians," 343 Industries has revealed another map coming to the "Halo 2" multiplayer. Titled Sanctuary, this new map will be the venue for Capture the Flag and Territories, thanks to its design.
Xbox Wire features a few snapshots, which can be seen in the link here. As far as "Halo 5: Guardians" is concerned, IGN reports that there will be seven maps for multiplayer when the beta run kicks off on Dec. 29.
"The focus of the beta is going to be 4v4 arena gameplay," 343 Industries' Josh Holmes said in an interview quoted by IGN.
'Halo Channel' is Your Hub for Your Halo Needs
An explosion of Halo-related content is heading to the Xbox One, starting with the anticipated "Halo 5: Guardians." But it's not all about the games as Microsoft recently announced the "Halo Channel."
According to the Xbox Wire, the "Halo Channel" will be an interactive network where yo can have personalised access to the Halo universe. This means games, content and entertainment aspects of Halo for the fans.
Some of the expected features include:
- Live and timely content: From news to events, the "Halo Channel" will integrate Twitch so that fans can follow broadcasts, as well as get access to data.
- Interactive and sharable: Similar to a social sharing function in social media sites, you can personalise your viewing and content with friends
- Rewards and unlockables: In-game exclusive content will be made available for "Halo 5: Guardians" and "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" and all you have to do is watch the programs and participate in the Halo community.
- Multiplatform access: The "Halo Channel" will sync the Xbox One with any Windows 8.1 device, which makes the latter a second screen for seamless viewing.
The "Halo Channel" is expected to debut on Nov. 11 for the Xbox One and Windows 8.1 devices, with the Windows Phone 8.1 slated to follow shortly.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet