Minecraft PS4 Already in Certification, Bug Fixing for Xbox One, PS Vita as Snapshot 14w33a Gets Released
By Gel Galang | August 14, 2014 11:54 AM EST
The "Minecraft PS4 Edition" is done, at least one the side of developer 4J Studios, who announced the progress over the official Twitter page.
People walk near a Battlefield 4 display at the Electronic Arts booth during the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. REUTERS/Jonathan Alcorn
"We've handed 'Minecraft PlayStation 4 Edition' over to Sony for final test!" 4J Studios said. This comes days after the developer has announced that the next-gen editions for "Minecraft" are still in the bug fixing stage.
However, the same cannot be said as of yet for the other two expected editions.
"We're still bug fixing Minecraft Xbox One and Minecraft PS Vita. We'll give you news when we have it."
The "Minecraft PS4 Edition," "Minecraft Xbox One Edition" and "Minecraft PS Vita Edition" are all expected to be released in August, though 4J Studios, developer for the ported versions and Mojang have not yet specified any release dates.
Considering that half of the month has already passed, it may be that the new editions will be coming in before the month ends. Until now, the developer has not yet announced any delays, so it's still probably looking at an August release date.
New Snapshot Released by Mojang
After a barrage of snapshots for "Minecraft 1.8 update," developer Mojang has released another one touted as the Minecraft Snapshot 14w33a.
"It's snapshot time. After last week's snapshot, which did not include any changes at all, we decided to make this week's snapshot a little bit more interesting. So we added tons of new features, all of them disguised as bug fixes," Mojang said over the official website.
There is quite the long list of bug fixes, with some of the interesting ones include the following:
- Breaking coloured doors turns them into regular doors
- Correct sounds for beds
- Baby Bunnie's Name Tags
- Iron Golems do not target creepers
- Fence gates lock closed, and will not open from pressure plate activation
- Pick Block on a coloured door returns a regular door
Previous snapshots have added some new changes, including the red sandstone and armour stand additions, banners, optimizations, and threaded mob pathfinding.
Mojang has also previously announced that they are slowing down on the development to focus on optimizing and bug fixing or a smooth release of "Minecraft 1.8 update" though a release date has yet to be revealed.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows