PS4 Exclusives Silent Hills, WiLD and The Tomorrow Children Reign Supreme
By Gel Galang | August 14, 2014 10:35 AM EST
Horror and indie fans had a great time at Sony's Gamescom press conference, as new titles received confirmations and teasers, starting with the teaser horror game that turned out to be fan-favorite "Silent Hill" game.
Visitors wait before the opening of the Gamescom 2013 fair in Cologne August 23, 2013. The Gamescom convention, Europe's largest video games trade fair, runs from August 22 to August 25.
Creator of "Metal Gear Solid" series Hideo Kojima has partnered with renowned director Guillermo Del Toro in what will be a game that's "guaranteed" to make you do number two. According to IGN, Kojima even joked that the collector's edition of "Silent Hills" will come with a new pair, though it seems that the creators are aiming for the right amount of terror to bring people in without totally turning them off.
As a teaser, the team had tried to introduce the new IP as a product of an indie studio, which is the reason why the teaser had lower quality in terms of graphics. But Kojima assured that "Silent Hills" will have better quality.
Not only that, Norman Reedus of the hit TV series "The Walking Dead" has made an appearance in the teaser video, according to E! Online, though his role in "Silent Hills" has not yet been specified as of yet.
'Rayman' Creator Talks About New PS4 Exclusive 'WiLD'
Michael Ancel is a name known by fans of Ubisoft's "Rayman" series, but these days, Ancel is working on a project with his very own independent studio in France. And at Gamescom, he revealed the latest IP that they are working on, one which is debuting exclusively on the PS4.
Titled "WiLD," the new game is a mix of discovery, adventure and a lot of indie spirit, as the game dynamics alone is uniquely 'WiLD."
"When we started working on 'WiLD' we wanted to make sure that we would have fun playing our own game even after months and months of development!"Ancel said over the PlayStation Blog. "This is the reason why the world of 'WiLD" is the size of Europe, with dynamic weather and seasons, and filled with interactive opportunities that feel endless."
Ancel revealed that, in "WiLD," you can play as any creature found in the world-and that includes the bad and dangerous giants and monsters as well as the animals all around.
The game still lacks a lot of detail, particularly the story behind it that would justify why every creature is playable and to what end this new gameplay aims to take the IP. What's assured by the developer is that the uniqueness will introduce new gameplay situations especially in online play.
Best of all, the exclusivity of "WiLD" on the PS4 means the game is optimized for the PS4 and its many features.
'The Tomorrow Children' Announced with Details
Another title that's gunning to be one of those out of this world games coming to the PS4 is "The Tomorrow Children" from Q-Games, the creator of the "PixelJunk" series, reports PlayStation Blog.
As far as interesting and different is concerned, "The Tomorrow Children" does have that non-normal factor. Here, you have an alternate universe following the after-effects of an experiment in Russia in the 1960s. Going by the almost "Human Instrumentality Project" idea where the experiment aimed to combine all human minds into one but failed, the story starts off 90 years afterwards, with the player in the shoes of a projection clone aiming to reclaim the human race.
Backed with Marxist ideals and an almost Minecraft-like idea of mining and building your own materials for resources, the game makes an interesting twist of cooperation in the world, where, as a cline, you have a chance to become visible to other player's realties depending on what you do in the world.
It's really a thinking game with bits and pieces of strategy and building, with the backdrop of a very colourful world with an alternate reality. If that's not enough to interest you, the trailer, seen in this link, might do the trick.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family