Upcoming Nokia Lumia 730 (Dual-Sim) vs. Nokia XL (Dual-Sim) – Early Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Comparison
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 14, 2014 10:17 AM EST
Nokia XL was released in May 2014, while the Nokia Lumia 730 (aka selfie phone) was recently spotted in a leak originated from Vietnam. The expected release date of the Lumia 730 is August specific to Vietnam. Therefore other regions can expect the announcement regarding this device shortly. Both the phones are budget-friendly and come packed with impressive specifications. Readers who are interested in the upcoming Nokia Lumia 730 or the Nokia XL should check out this specifications, features and price comparison.
A Nokia Lumia 1020 smartphone is displayed during the 2014 Computex exhibition at the TWTC Nangang exhibition hall in Taipei June 3, 2014. Computex, the world's second largest computer show, runs from June 3 to 7. [Representational Image]
The Nokia Lumia 730 will reportedly feature a 4.7-inch display with 720p screen resolution. The Nokia XL, on the other hand, comes with a relatively bigger 5-inch IPS LCD display and 480 x 800 pixels resolution. The pixel densities of Nokia XL and Nokia Lumia 730 stand at 187 ppi and 312 ppi respectively.
When it comes to exterior, the Nokia XL resembles the original Nokia X handset with the same plastic body. Nevertheless, the handset is quite hefty. With a weight of 190 g, the Nokia XL is heavier than many other inexpensive phones available in the market. The silver lining is that the construction quality is very good. Furthermore, the finish of the handset can be compared to high-end smartphones and there are no rough edges.
At this point, there is no information available on the exterior of the upcoming Lumia 730 handset. However, the predecessor Lumia 630 features a plastic body and comes in vivid colours similar to other Lumia devices. Also, the smartphone comes with a highlighter-style shade on the body and the body colour continues to the phone's buttons, giving it a clean-cut look, says Trusted Reviews.
Hardware, Software and Memory
The Nokia XL is powered by a dual-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon S4) Cortex A5 processor, clocked at 1.0 GHz. The Nokia Lumia 730, on the other hand, will be powered by a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400) Cortex A7 processor clocked at 1.2 GHz. Furthermore, the Lumia 730 handset will house 1 GB of RAM, while the Nokia XL houses only 768 MB of RAM.
The Nokia XL runs on Nokia X 1.0 UI on top of Google's Android OS, while the Lumia 730 will run on Windows Phone 8.1 OS. Also, the Nokia XL comes with only 4 GB of internal storage, along with microSD card support for expansion up to 32 GB, while the Lumia 730 will offer 8 GB of expandable memory.
Camera and Battery
The Nokia XL sports a 5 MP rear-facing camera unit with LED flash and a 2 MP front-facing shooter. The Lumia 730, on the other hand, will house a 6.7 MP rear-facing camera unit with the famous Carl Zeiss lens and a good 5 MP front-facing shooter for selfies. In addition, both the phones house the same Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery unit.
1. Both the phones come equipped with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB charging and microUSB support.
2. Also, both the phones support dual-sim mode.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family