Samsung Galaxy Alpha Price, Camera Stills, Display Tests and Official Video Surface
By Gel Galang | August 14, 2014 10:10 AM EST
As if the official announcement is not enough, the premium Samsung Galaxy Alpha, touted as the first device from the South Korean company featuring a metal casing, has been featured in an official video.
A man reacts while trying out his new Samsung Galaxy S5 in Jakarta, April 11, 2014. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd estimated that its January-March operating profit fell by 4.3 percent to 8.4 trillion won ($7.96 billion) as easing smartphone sales growth continued to weigh earnings down. REUTERS/Beawiharta
In the video below, you can see that the Samsung Galaxy Alpha not only looks the part of a premium phone, but also comes with a range of colour choices, including gold, blue, black and white similar to the Samsung Galaxy S5.
It's interesting to note what Samsung has written on the YouTube page of the official video. "Look no further. The next evolution of the Samsung GALAXY smartphone is here." Does this suggest the possibility that the Samsung Galaxy Alpha is just the first in a lineup of premium phones from the company?
Photos Taken with Samsung Galaxy Alpha Surface
Attesting to the quality of the camera that comes with the newly unveiled Samsung Galaxy Alpha, SamMobile has spotted some snapshots taken by Samsung's latest device.
The images, which can be seen in the link above, are reported to have been taken using the pre-release version of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha, so there's still a possibility the quality may change with the final unit.
As a recap, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha is expected to have the 12-megapixel rear camera, with auto-focus, single LED flash, f/2.2 aperture and 4.8mm focal length.
Tests for the Samsung Galaxy Alpha Display Show Better AMOLED Screen
Most of the rumoured features of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha did come to light, but it seems that the display of the handset is even better than what was expected.
Phone Arena reports that the 4.7-inch screen, despite having a 720x1280 pixel resolution and PenTile pixel arrangement, actually features an improvement on the Samsung Galaxy S5's grayscale accuracy.
The long and short of this is that the colour now reflects a true gray colour, instead of dabbling between blue-ish, green-ish or red-ish. The brightness test for the Samsung Galaxy Alpha has also shown better results.
Given that the Samsung Galaxy Alpha features a number of modes, the report does state that the test show a good degree of improvement to the device. Note that, like the camera snapshot samples above, the display tests were conducted using a pre-final version of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha, and can still change when the device releases on Sept. 12.
Read more gaming and tech news::
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine