5 Things You Should Know About Mary Stickley, AKA The Next Miranda Kerr
By Vanessa Doctor | August 14, 2014 9:48 AM EST
Mary Stickley recently won the 2014 DOLLY Model Search, leading many to compare her to supermodel Miranda Kerr, who also won the contest in 1997. In fact, fans have gone so far as to call her "the next Miranda." Could she be? Who is Mary Stickley, anyway?
Miranda Kerr has got a new house for herself in Malibu.
1. She is just 14 years old
Some people were concerned that Stickley may be too young to become a model. In fact, Kerr won the contest when she was just 13 years old. A lot of supermodels enter the industry before they turn 15 years old.
2. She has a twin
Mary has a twin sister, Elizabeth, and five other siblings. They are the youngest in the bunch. Her twin was very happy about Mary's recent achievement, saying that she was very proud of her sister.
3. Her role model is also Miranda Kerr
Mary is from Brisbane, Australia, who shared that she looks up to the Victoria's Secret Angel as one of her role models.
She said, "If I could be anything like her that would be, like, really cool. She is such an inspiration to me and she is just so positive."
4. She wants to be healthy, not skinny
When asked about how she plans to influence DOLLY magazine readers, she replied that she wants to be a positive role model and wants them to be happy with who they are and not be compelled to change for anyone. She added that every person should embrace their uniqueness. She said she aims to be healthy and not just be another skinny model.
She said, "I love fashion and beauty but mostly I want to promote a healthy lifestyle, not just be a skinny model."
5. Her first cover will be on DOLLY magazine's September issue
She will appear together with Nic Westaway, actor of "Home and Away". She was chosen among 3,000 contestants and is set to represent the brand for an entire year.
Lucy Cousins, DOLLY editor-in-chief said, "All the finalists were amazing this year with such great personalities and attitudes to life. But after our voting period on dolly.com.au Mary was a clear winner. Our readers really identified with her through her interviews and videos, And we think she is the perfect ambassador for Dolly."
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy