Twitter Storm Hits Fox TV Doctor Keith Ablow After He Urges U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama to Lose Weight to Gain Credibility in Nutrition Push
By Vittorio Hernandez | August 13, 2014 11:32 PM EST
The jaws of some of Fox News's hosts dropped on Tuesday when contributor Dr Keith Ablow did the unthinkable on national TV and said that U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama needs to lose weight to be credible in her campaign for better nutrition among American school children.
"How well could she be eating? She needs to drop a few. Let's be honest," the doctor said.
"Let's be honest. There's no French fries happening? That's all kale and carrots?" I don't buy it. Just saying," he added, to the disbelief of one of the female co-hosts who uttered, "You did not just say that."
His remarks created a harvest of nasty comments on Twitter as members of the microblogging site chastised Ablow for his fat shaming.
Ms Obama is behind the Let's Move anti-obesity campaign. The White House so far has not issued yet a statement on the comment of Ablow, a member of Fox's Medical A-Team on the show Outnumbered which features four female panelist against one man.
Lisa Kennedy Montgomery, one of the co-hosts, said that while she does not like the First Lady's attitude, she admires her booty. Another co-host, Sandra Smith, attempted to bring back the discussion by citing that some school districts are opting out of the federal requirements that require better choices in school lunches because the requirements are too difficult. She added some of the students even go out of the campus to buy fast food rather than eat what the school canteens offer.
However, in Twitter, words and comments are being exchanged about Ablow's comments, mostly negative ones directed at the doctor. Here are some samples:
"People who speak openly about women's bodies and how fat they are should not have a platform on national television." - Meredith Shiner
"Keith Ablow should read his own book before talking about Michelle Obama's weight." - The Raw Story
"Please keep your comments about women 'dropping a few' to yourself." - Janice Dean
"Pretty sure @flotus can do more push ups than this keith ablow dude. I can do more push ups too." - Zerlina Maxwell
Allan Brauer even challenged Ablow to post his picture in a Speedo trunk "to determine his qualifications top judge FLOTUS's physique.
Here's the Fox News video which has almost 50,000 hits since it was posted on Tuesday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Back To Herself After Struggling With Hyperemesis Gravidarum
- Ebola Vaccine: Johnson & Johnson Confident Of Human Trials In January And Market Delivery in May Next Year
- 12 Terrifyingly Healthy Halloween Treats
- New York Doctor Tests Positive For Ebola
- ‘Death Sentence’ For 50,000 Australians With The Refusal Of Costly Hep C Treatment
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions