‘Breaking Bad’ Spin-Off ‘Better Call Saul’ First Teaser Released, Premiere Month Announced [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 13, 2014 7:13 PM EST
The highly anticipated "Breaking Bad" spin-off "Better Call Saul" is scheduled to premiere in February 2015. AMC has released the first teaser of the show. It features Bob Odenkirk as Saul Goodman. And, it is a younger version of the criminal lawyer, as he is not sporting his receding hairline of "Breaking Bad" days.
"Lawyers! We're like health insurance, you hope you never need it but man oh man, not having it, No!" Saul can be seen telling someone in the nine-minute long teaser.
"Better Call Saul" is set to tell the professional as well as the personal story of Saul Goodman before he met Walter White. It is set in 2002, six years before Goodman met Walter White and got involved in his flourishing drug business.
It is the story of a small town lawyer Jimmy McGill and how he became Saul Goodman, the man who put criminal in 'Criminal Lawyer'. According to the official description of the character, he is a "small-time lawyer searching for his destiny, and, more immediately, hustling to make ends meet."
Jonathan Banks is reprising his "Breaking Bad" role of Mike Ehrmantraut, the fixer. He will be seen working against as well as along with Odenkirk's character.
Meanwhile, Bryan Cranston, who played Walter White/Heisenberg, is not sure if he will return in the Goodman's show to reprise his "Breaking Bad" role.
Speaking about the possibility of making an appearance in the new show, Cranston said to Daily Beast: "I don't know in what context it would work in, because we're in different phases. The characters [White and Goodman] didn't meet until the second season of Breaking Bad, when Walter needed to meet him. I suppose they could have a serendipitous brush of each other down the street or in the market, but I don't know what good that'll do -- it's just a little cookie." Cranston, however, is looking forward to directing an episode, next year.
The first season of "Better Call Saul" consists of 10 episodes. AMC has already ordered 13 episodes of Season 2.
[Youtube/Canal de revistazoommagazine]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date