‘Breaking Bad’ Spin-Off ‘Better Call Saul’ First Teaser Released, Premiere Month Announced [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 13, 2014 7:13 PM EST
The highly anticipated "Breaking Bad" spin-off "Better Call Saul" is scheduled to premiere in February 2015. AMC has released the first teaser of the show. It features Bob Odenkirk as Saul Goodman. And, it is a younger version of the criminal lawyer, as he is not sporting his receding hairline of "Breaking Bad" days.
"Lawyers! We're like health insurance, you hope you never need it but man oh man, not having it, No!" Saul can be seen telling someone in the nine-minute long teaser.
"Better Call Saul" is set to tell the professional as well as the personal story of Saul Goodman before he met Walter White. It is set in 2002, six years before Goodman met Walter White and got involved in his flourishing drug business.
It is the story of a small town lawyer Jimmy McGill and how he became Saul Goodman, the man who put criminal in 'Criminal Lawyer'. According to the official description of the character, he is a "small-time lawyer searching for his destiny, and, more immediately, hustling to make ends meet."
Jonathan Banks is reprising his "Breaking Bad" role of Mike Ehrmantraut, the fixer. He will be seen working against as well as along with Odenkirk's character.
Meanwhile, Bryan Cranston, who played Walter White/Heisenberg, is not sure if he will return in the Goodman's show to reprise his "Breaking Bad" role.
Speaking about the possibility of making an appearance in the new show, Cranston said to Daily Beast: "I don't know in what context it would work in, because we're in different phases. The characters [White and Goodman] didn't meet until the second season of Breaking Bad, when Walter needed to meet him. I suppose they could have a serendipitous brush of each other down the street or in the market, but I don't know what good that'll do -- it's just a little cookie." Cranston, however, is looking forward to directing an episode, next year.
The first season of "Better Call Saul" consists of 10 episodes. AMC has already ordered 13 episodes of Season 2.
[Youtube/Canal de revistazoommagazine]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance