‘Breaking Bad’ Spin-Off ‘Better Call Saul’ First Teaser Released, Premiere Month Announced [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 13, 2014 7:13 PM EST
The highly anticipated "Breaking Bad" spin-off "Better Call Saul" is scheduled to premiere in February 2015. AMC has released the first teaser of the show. It features Bob Odenkirk as Saul Goodman. And, it is a younger version of the criminal lawyer, as he is not sporting his receding hairline of "Breaking Bad" days.
"Lawyers! We're like health insurance, you hope you never need it but man oh man, not having it, No!" Saul can be seen telling someone in the nine-minute long teaser.
"Better Call Saul" is set to tell the professional as well as the personal story of Saul Goodman before he met Walter White. It is set in 2002, six years before Goodman met Walter White and got involved in his flourishing drug business.
It is the story of a small town lawyer Jimmy McGill and how he became Saul Goodman, the man who put criminal in 'Criminal Lawyer'. According to the official description of the character, he is a "small-time lawyer searching for his destiny, and, more immediately, hustling to make ends meet."
Jonathan Banks is reprising his "Breaking Bad" role of Mike Ehrmantraut, the fixer. He will be seen working against as well as along with Odenkirk's character.
Meanwhile, Bryan Cranston, who played Walter White/Heisenberg, is not sure if he will return in the Goodman's show to reprise his "Breaking Bad" role.
Speaking about the possibility of making an appearance in the new show, Cranston said to Daily Beast: "I don't know in what context it would work in, because we're in different phases. The characters [White and Goodman] didn't meet until the second season of Breaking Bad, when Walter needed to meet him. I suppose they could have a serendipitous brush of each other down the street or in the market, but I don't know what good that'll do -- it's just a little cookie." Cranston, however, is looking forward to directing an episode, next year.
The first season of "Better Call Saul" consists of 10 episodes. AMC has already ordered 13 episodes of Season 2.
[Youtube/Canal de revistazoommagazine]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier