‘Breaking Bad’ Spin-Off ‘Better Call Saul’ First Teaser Released, Premiere Month Announced [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 13, 2014 7:13 PM EST
The highly anticipated "Breaking Bad" spin-off "Better Call Saul" is scheduled to premiere in February 2015. AMC has released the first teaser of the show. It features Bob Odenkirk as Saul Goodman. And, it is a younger version of the criminal lawyer, as he is not sporting his receding hairline of "Breaking Bad" days.
"Lawyers! We're like health insurance, you hope you never need it but man oh man, not having it, No!" Saul can be seen telling someone in the nine-minute long teaser.
"Better Call Saul" is set to tell the professional as well as the personal story of Saul Goodman before he met Walter White. It is set in 2002, six years before Goodman met Walter White and got involved in his flourishing drug business.
It is the story of a small town lawyer Jimmy McGill and how he became Saul Goodman, the man who put criminal in 'Criminal Lawyer'. According to the official description of the character, he is a "small-time lawyer searching for his destiny, and, more immediately, hustling to make ends meet."
Jonathan Banks is reprising his "Breaking Bad" role of Mike Ehrmantraut, the fixer. He will be seen working against as well as along with Odenkirk's character.
Meanwhile, Bryan Cranston, who played Walter White/Heisenberg, is not sure if he will return in the Goodman's show to reprise his "Breaking Bad" role.
Speaking about the possibility of making an appearance in the new show, Cranston said to Daily Beast: "I don't know in what context it would work in, because we're in different phases. The characters [White and Goodman] didn't meet until the second season of Breaking Bad, when Walter needed to meet him. I suppose they could have a serendipitous brush of each other down the street or in the market, but I don't know what good that'll do -- it's just a little cookie." Cranston, however, is looking forward to directing an episode, next year.
The first season of "Better Call Saul" consists of 10 episodes. AMC has already ordered 13 episodes of Season 2.
[Youtube/Canal de revistazoommagazine]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate