Transfer News: Netherlands Defender Daley Blind Open to Manchester United Offers
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | August 13, 2014 7:09 PM EST
Daley Blind is looking for options in the transfer season and one of those is to sign with Manchester United. While happy with current team in Ajax, the versatile Dutch defender is not closing the doors on a possible transfer to the Old Trafford club.
Netherlands' coach Louis van Gaal gestures during a training session in Hoenderloo in this May 7, 2014 file photo. Dutchman van Gaal has been named as Manchester United's new manager with Ryan Giggs confirmed as his assistant, the Premier League club said on May 19, 2014.
“For now I am happy here, but if a club comes for me, then I am going to think about it and then we will see,” said Blind via HITC Sport. “I am happy here in Amsterdam, but if something comes up, then I am going to think about it. Let’s see what the options are. For now, I am focused on Ajax.”
Blind’s excellent effort in the 2014 World Cup in Brazil has turned heads including the ones running the Red Devils led by manager Louis van Gaal, who also coached Blind with the Netherlands national team.
Rumours in the transfer season have also stated that Spanish club Barcelona is also interested in Blind’s services.
The 24-year-old Blind has been with Ajax since 2008 with 100 appearances and 3 goals. He was loaned to Groningen in 2010 before eventually returning to the Amsterdam club. He has been a constant for the Netherlands youth team playing with their age-group squads since 2004. He was promoted to the senior squad in 2013 and has since played in 19 games for the NT.
The possibility of transferring to either Manchester United or Barcelona is an alluring prospect for any soccer player and Blind is not oblivious to that fact.
"Of course, it's flattering when you're linked with clubs like Manchester United and Barcelona," Blind shared to goal.com last Saturday. “It would be very hard to turn down these kind of clubs. But there's no serious interest as of yet.”
Blind under Man U manager Van Gaal played all of Netherlands’ seven matches in Brazil where they copped a respectable third-place finish after defeating the hosts in the Battle for 3rd of the 2014 World Cup.
Ajax have reportedly put a £17 million tag on Blind for anyone who wants to acquire his services.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon