Transfer News: Netherlands Defender Daley Blind Open to Manchester United Offers
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | August 13, 2014 7:09 PM EST
Daley Blind is looking for options in the transfer season and one of those is to sign with Manchester United. While happy with current team in Ajax, the versatile Dutch defender is not closing the doors on a possible transfer to the Old Trafford club.
Netherlands' coach Louis van Gaal gestures during a training session in Hoenderloo in this May 7, 2014 file photo. Dutchman van Gaal has been named as Manchester United's new manager with Ryan Giggs confirmed as his assistant, the Premier League club said on May 19, 2014.
“For now I am happy here, but if a club comes for me, then I am going to think about it and then we will see,” said Blind via HITC Sport. “I am happy here in Amsterdam, but if something comes up, then I am going to think about it. Let’s see what the options are. For now, I am focused on Ajax.”
Blind’s excellent effort in the 2014 World Cup in Brazil has turned heads including the ones running the Red Devils led by manager Louis van Gaal, who also coached Blind with the Netherlands national team.
Rumours in the transfer season have also stated that Spanish club Barcelona is also interested in Blind’s services.
The 24-year-old Blind has been with Ajax since 2008 with 100 appearances and 3 goals. He was loaned to Groningen in 2010 before eventually returning to the Amsterdam club. He has been a constant for the Netherlands youth team playing with their age-group squads since 2004. He was promoted to the senior squad in 2013 and has since played in 19 games for the NT.
The possibility of transferring to either Manchester United or Barcelona is an alluring prospect for any soccer player and Blind is not oblivious to that fact.
"Of course, it's flattering when you're linked with clubs like Manchester United and Barcelona," Blind shared to goal.com last Saturday. “It would be very hard to turn down these kind of clubs. But there's no serious interest as of yet.”
Blind under Man U manager Van Gaal played all of Netherlands’ seven matches in Brazil where they copped a respectable third-place finish after defeating the hosts in the Battle for 3rd of the 2014 World Cup.
Ajax have reportedly put a £17 million tag on Blind for anyone who wants to acquire his services.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Iggy Azalea Sex Tape: The Story So Far
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone
- iPhone 6 Plus Phablet Features Only 1 GB RAM