Transfer News: Netherlands Defender Daley Blind Open to Manchester United Offers
By Justin Noel Cudaihl | August 13, 2014 7:09 PM EST
Daley Blind is looking for options in the transfer season and one of those is to sign with Manchester United. While happy with current team in Ajax, the versatile Dutch defender is not closing the doors on a possible transfer to the Old Trafford club.
Netherlands' coach Louis van Gaal gestures during a training session in Hoenderloo in this May 7, 2014 file photo. Dutchman van Gaal has been named as Manchester United's new manager with Ryan Giggs confirmed as his assistant, the Premier League club said on May 19, 2014.
“For now I am happy here, but if a club comes for me, then I am going to think about it and then we will see,” said Blind via HITC Sport. “I am happy here in Amsterdam, but if something comes up, then I am going to think about it. Let’s see what the options are. For now, I am focused on Ajax.”
Blind’s excellent effort in the 2014 World Cup in Brazil has turned heads including the ones running the Red Devils led by manager Louis van Gaal, who also coached Blind with the Netherlands national team.
Rumours in the transfer season have also stated that Spanish club Barcelona is also interested in Blind’s services.
The 24-year-old Blind has been with Ajax since 2008 with 100 appearances and 3 goals. He was loaned to Groningen in 2010 before eventually returning to the Amsterdam club. He has been a constant for the Netherlands youth team playing with their age-group squads since 2004. He was promoted to the senior squad in 2013 and has since played in 19 games for the NT.
The possibility of transferring to either Manchester United or Barcelona is an alluring prospect for any soccer player and Blind is not oblivious to that fact.
"Of course, it's flattering when you're linked with clubs like Manchester United and Barcelona," Blind shared to goal.com last Saturday. “It would be very hard to turn down these kind of clubs. But there's no serious interest as of yet.”
Blind under Man U manager Van Gaal played all of Netherlands’ seven matches in Brazil where they copped a respectable third-place finish after defeating the hosts in the Battle for 3rd of the 2014 World Cup.
Ajax have reportedly put a £17 million tag on Blind for anyone who wants to acquire his services.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS