Robin Williams Suffered ‘Serious Money’ Issues Before He Took His Life -- Report
By jaskiran kaur | August 13, 2014 6:47 PM EST
Oscar winning comedian and actor Robin Williams passed away on Aug. 11, 2014. It is said that the American actor, 63, committed suicide. While investigators continue to investigate the tragic death of the actor, details and speculation about the actor's death continue to stir the media. Latest reports suggest that money problems could be the apparent reason why Robin Williams committed suicide.
A source close Robin Williams told Radar Online that the "actor recently confided to a family friend" that he was struggling through "serious money troubles." It was not only his addiction but his "family's financial security" also distressed him.
William's family friend remembers him as "generous" person who was willing to help everyone when he was at the peak of his career. The source claims that Robin grew "frustrated" due to his work circumstances that forced him to take up roles that he would not want to do otherwise. It was only because of money he opted for some TV roles. He was also not "excited" about doing sequels of his movie.
Robin Williams married three times and had three children. He married Valerie Velardi in 1978 and divorced in 1988. Marsha Garces was his second wife, who he married in 1989 and divorced in 2008. The following year he married Susan Schneider.
The report notes that he opened up about his financial problems last year in an interview with Parade Magazine. He even talked about his two divorces that have affected his wallet.
The Radar Online report notes that the actor went into "deep depression" after his show "The Crazy Ones" was cancelled.
Mirror reported that a resident from Robin Williams' community revealed that the actor "looked terrible" when he last saw him alive. He reportedly had "lost weight" and looked very thin.
Daily Mail also reports that a neighbour reported that Robin Williams looked '"very drawn and thin" over the weekend.' He reportedly appeared "exhausted" and "not in best of his spirits."
Meanwhile, it is said that Robin Williams used a belt to take his life where he was found dead by his personal assistant. New York Daily News reports that the iconic comedian also had "superficial cuts" on the inside of his left wrist. Lt. Keith Boyd from the Marin County Sheriff's office informed that toxicology tests will be conducted on Williams' body to find out if he consumed any drugs or alcohol. Officers even recovered a pocketknife with what appeared to be covered with dried blood.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet