Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Might Hand Out Petr Cech for Long-Time Real Madrid Target
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 13, 2014 6:12 PM EST
The problem of having two world-class goalkeepers in one club could cause quite a dilemma, to say the least, and Jose Mourinho seems ready to deal with the matter head on as he is rumoured to be considering handing out Petr Cech in exchange for Real Madrid's Raphael Varane.
Chelsea are keen on bringing in Real Madrid's Raphael Varane
Thibaut Courtois, who is coming off a career campaign at Atletico Madrid after spending three seasons at the Vicente Calderon, intimated in the past that he will not settle playing second-fiddle at Stamford Bridge, which is also true in the case of the long time Blues no. 1.
The problem between the posts at the Bernabeu has not gotten any better in spite of the recent signing of Costa Rica's World Cup star Keylor Navas, after first-choice shot-stopper Diego Lopez opted to move to AC Milan, while skipper Iker Casillas' future under the helm of Carlo Ancelloti remains unclear.
Signing a player of Cech's calibre is apparently in order to retain stability at the back for the Los Blancos, and it could be an offer that might be too good to refuse, should the Portuguese boss be persistent in acquiring Varane, whose name shot to stardom during the former's term in Spain's capital.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage