Kate Middleton & Prince William Slam Miscarriage Claim, Royal Couple to Attend Wedding in Italy
By Riza Ornos | August 13, 2014 6:07 PM EST
Currently enjoying their countryside vacation at Anmer Hall, Prince William and Kate Middleton are reportedly flying to Italy to attend Charlie Gilkes' lavish wedding in Sept. Slamming the report that she is nursing a miscarriage, the Duchess of Cambridge is allegedly leaving Prince George to her parents so they can enjoy the party after getting a much needed break from their string of public appearances.
Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge watch as her son Prince George looks at an Australian animal called a Bilby, which has been named after the young Prince, during a visit to Sydney's Taronga Zoo
The Cambridges together with Prince Harry are known to be close friends of Gilkes from their days at Eton, and the groom was once romantically linked to Kate's sister, Pippa Middleton. The nightclub owner is known for throwing extravagant parties and his fiancée Anneke von Trotha Taylor is overseeing the V.I.P. guest list for the upcoming nuptial.
"The [Cambridges] are really looking forward to it and William and Kate are planning to leave Prince George with Kate's parents so they can go and have a good time," according to royal insider Katie Nicoll in an interview posted on Vanity Fair.
After dating for three years, Charlie and Anneke got engaged in August 2013 and regularly attended private and public events with the royals. Gilkes popped the question to his fiancée while on holiday at the five-star Masseria Torre maizza hotel in Puglia and used a special fortune cookie to reveal the million dollar question.
As for Kate Middleton, aside from flying to Italy, the brunette royal is set to travel alone to Malta on Sept. 20-21 to represent Queen Elizabeth in the country's 50th anniversary of its independence from the UK. Her first international royal tour without the Duke of Cambridge, Kate's upcoming trip was confirmed by Kensington Palace. The Palace is yet to confirm about the details of the trip but Catherine is both nervous and excited about her upcoming solo tour.
The 32-year-old royal was spotted recently at Princess Diana memorial playground with her one-year-old son as she paid tribute to Prince William's late mother Diana, Princess of Wales. Located in Kensington Gardens in honour of the "People's Princess," the Duchess played with George in the "beach" section of the area and stayed there for 15 minutes.
"It was lovely seeing them play together in the sand," an insider told The Express. "They had three protection officers with them but Kate seemed oblivious to anyone except her gorgeous baby enjoying himself."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage