Kate Middleton & Prince William Slam Miscarriage Claim, Royal Couple to Attend Wedding in Italy
By Riza Ornos | August 13, 2014 6:07 PM EST
Currently enjoying their countryside vacation at Anmer Hall, Prince William and Kate Middleton are reportedly flying to Italy to attend Charlie Gilkes' lavish wedding in Sept. Slamming the report that she is nursing a miscarriage, the Duchess of Cambridge is allegedly leaving Prince George to her parents so they can enjoy the party after getting a much needed break from their string of public appearances.
Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge watch as her son Prince George looks at an Australian animal called a Bilby, which has been named after the young Prince, during a visit to Sydney's Taronga Zoo
The Cambridges together with Prince Harry are known to be close friends of Gilkes from their days at Eton, and the groom was once romantically linked to Kate's sister, Pippa Middleton. The nightclub owner is known for throwing extravagant parties and his fiancée Anneke von Trotha Taylor is overseeing the V.I.P. guest list for the upcoming nuptial.
"The [Cambridges] are really looking forward to it and William and Kate are planning to leave Prince George with Kate's parents so they can go and have a good time," according to royal insider Katie Nicoll in an interview posted on Vanity Fair.
After dating for three years, Charlie and Anneke got engaged in August 2013 and regularly attended private and public events with the royals. Gilkes popped the question to his fiancée while on holiday at the five-star Masseria Torre maizza hotel in Puglia and used a special fortune cookie to reveal the million dollar question.
As for Kate Middleton, aside from flying to Italy, the brunette royal is set to travel alone to Malta on Sept. 20-21 to represent Queen Elizabeth in the country's 50th anniversary of its independence from the UK. Her first international royal tour without the Duke of Cambridge, Kate's upcoming trip was confirmed by Kensington Palace. The Palace is yet to confirm about the details of the trip but Catherine is both nervous and excited about her upcoming solo tour.
The 32-year-old royal was spotted recently at Princess Diana memorial playground with her one-year-old son as she paid tribute to Prince William's late mother Diana, Princess of Wales. Located in Kensington Gardens in honour of the "People's Princess," the Duchess played with George in the "beach" section of the area and stayed there for 15 minutes.
"It was lovely seeing them play together in the sand," an insider told The Express. "They had three protection officers with them but Kate seemed oblivious to anyone except her gorgeous baby enjoying himself."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions