Beyonce & Jay Z's Divorce Reports Translates to Business Profits: Couple Earn $100 Million in Ticket Sales for 'On the Run' Tour
By nidhi tewari | August 13, 2014 6:01 PM EST
The last leg of Jay Z and Beyonce's "On the Run" tour was more of a "business" for the couple as they both lacked chemistry on stage, various onlookers revealed in new reports. The couple looked "tired and weary" when they took the stage in San Francisco but managed to earn a whopping $100 Million in ticket sales, Forbes has estimated. All the speculations related to their marriage too worked in favour of Bey and Jay Z as they managed to get more audience to buy their tickets, the reports believe.
Beyonce and Jay-Z perform "Drunk In Love" at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California January 26, 2014.
"They gave each other a squeeze and a tickle. She still seemed unfazed and managed a smile before slipping away from him," revealed an eyewitness, who attended their latest show in San Francisco to US magazine. The couple reportedly held hands when they ended the show. Jay Z led Beyonce from the stage but "it was all business for these two," said an eyewitness to the Web site.
"You could definitely tell that something was off with them. It felt very frosty. Normally they kiss and seem affectionate, but for this show there was just a quick peck at the end," added the eyewitness.
Both Beyonce and Jay Z have been embroiled in a controversy surrounding their marriage. Ever since the couple kicked off their "On the Run" tour, there has been speculation in the media that they are facing troubles in their marriage. Many Web sites are of the opinion that Queen Bey and Jay Z will divorce after their joint tour ends in Sept. The couple is currently on a one month break and will wrap up their "On the Run" tour with two new shows in Paris on Sept 12 and 13.
Meanwhile all these divorce speculations seem to be working in favour of Beyonce and Jay Z. Many Web sites are speculating that the couple is actually projecting their joint tour as their last one together and hence seeing a surge in ticket sales. Fans do not wish to miss the opportunity to see the power couple performing together.
"The North American leg of their 19-date On The Run tour has topped $100 million in ticket sales. That means Jay Z and Beyoncé are earning at a higher rate than the Rolling Stones who grossed $87.7 million on 18 dates in the first half of 2013. If Beyonce and Jay Z forgo their alleged differences and play at least 100 such shows, "On the Run" tour will come close to compete with U2's phenomenal 360 tour and would be "the second-most lucrative tour of all-time," writes Forbes.com in an exclusive report.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed