Beyonce & Jay Z's Divorce Reports Translates to Business Profits: Couple Earn $100 Million in Ticket Sales for 'On the Run' Tour
By nidhi tewari | August 13, 2014 6:01 PM EST
The last leg of Jay Z and Beyonce's "On the Run" tour was more of a "business" for the couple as they both lacked chemistry on stage, various onlookers revealed in new reports. The couple looked "tired and weary" when they took the stage in San Francisco but managed to earn a whopping $100 Million in ticket sales, Forbes has estimated. All the speculations related to their marriage too worked in favour of Bey and Jay Z as they managed to get more audience to buy their tickets, the reports believe.
Beyonce and Jay-Z perform "Drunk In Love" at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California January 26, 2014.
"They gave each other a squeeze and a tickle. She still seemed unfazed and managed a smile before slipping away from him," revealed an eyewitness, who attended their latest show in San Francisco to US magazine. The couple reportedly held hands when they ended the show. Jay Z led Beyonce from the stage but "it was all business for these two," said an eyewitness to the Web site.
"You could definitely tell that something was off with them. It felt very frosty. Normally they kiss and seem affectionate, but for this show there was just a quick peck at the end," added the eyewitness.
Both Beyonce and Jay Z have been embroiled in a controversy surrounding their marriage. Ever since the couple kicked off their "On the Run" tour, there has been speculation in the media that they are facing troubles in their marriage. Many Web sites are of the opinion that Queen Bey and Jay Z will divorce after their joint tour ends in Sept. The couple is currently on a one month break and will wrap up their "On the Run" tour with two new shows in Paris on Sept 12 and 13.
Meanwhile all these divorce speculations seem to be working in favour of Beyonce and Jay Z. Many Web sites are speculating that the couple is actually projecting their joint tour as their last one together and hence seeing a surge in ticket sales. Fans do not wish to miss the opportunity to see the power couple performing together.
"The North American leg of their 19-date On The Run tour has topped $100 million in ticket sales. That means Jay Z and Beyoncé are earning at a higher rate than the Rolling Stones who grossed $87.7 million on 18 dates in the first half of 2013. If Beyonce and Jay Z forgo their alleged differences and play at least 100 such shows, "On the Run" tour will come close to compete with U2's phenomenal 360 tour and would be "the second-most lucrative tour of all-time," writes Forbes.com in an exclusive report.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM