Beyonce & Jay Z's Divorce Reports Translates to Business Profits: Couple Earn $100 Million in Ticket Sales for 'On the Run' Tour
By nidhi tewari | August 13, 2014 6:01 PM EST
The last leg of Jay Z and Beyonce's "On the Run" tour was more of a "business" for the couple as they both lacked chemistry on stage, various onlookers revealed in new reports. The couple looked "tired and weary" when they took the stage in San Francisco but managed to earn a whopping $100 Million in ticket sales, Forbes has estimated. All the speculations related to their marriage too worked in favour of Bey and Jay Z as they managed to get more audience to buy their tickets, the reports believe.
Beyonce and Jay-Z perform "Drunk In Love" at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California January 26, 2014.
"They gave each other a squeeze and a tickle. She still seemed unfazed and managed a smile before slipping away from him," revealed an eyewitness, who attended their latest show in San Francisco to US magazine. The couple reportedly held hands when they ended the show. Jay Z led Beyonce from the stage but "it was all business for these two," said an eyewitness to the Web site.
"You could definitely tell that something was off with them. It felt very frosty. Normally they kiss and seem affectionate, but for this show there was just a quick peck at the end," added the eyewitness.
Both Beyonce and Jay Z have been embroiled in a controversy surrounding their marriage. Ever since the couple kicked off their "On the Run" tour, there has been speculation in the media that they are facing troubles in their marriage. Many Web sites are of the opinion that Queen Bey and Jay Z will divorce after their joint tour ends in Sept. The couple is currently on a one month break and will wrap up their "On the Run" tour with two new shows in Paris on Sept 12 and 13.
Meanwhile all these divorce speculations seem to be working in favour of Beyonce and Jay Z. Many Web sites are speculating that the couple is actually projecting their joint tour as their last one together and hence seeing a surge in ticket sales. Fans do not wish to miss the opportunity to see the power couple performing together.
"The North American leg of their 19-date On The Run tour has topped $100 million in ticket sales. That means Jay Z and Beyoncé are earning at a higher rate than the Rolling Stones who grossed $87.7 million on 18 dates in the first half of 2013. If Beyonce and Jay Z forgo their alleged differences and play at least 100 such shows, "On the Run" tour will come close to compete with U2's phenomenal 360 tour and would be "the second-most lucrative tour of all-time," writes Forbes.com in an exclusive report.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation