Beyonce & Jay Z's Divorce Reports Translates to Business Profits: Couple Earn $100 Million in Ticket Sales for 'On the Run' Tour
By nidhi tewari | August 13, 2014 6:01 PM EST
The last leg of Jay Z and Beyonce's "On the Run" tour was more of a "business" for the couple as they both lacked chemistry on stage, various onlookers revealed in new reports. The couple looked "tired and weary" when they took the stage in San Francisco but managed to earn a whopping $100 Million in ticket sales, Forbes has estimated. All the speculations related to their marriage too worked in favour of Bey and Jay Z as they managed to get more audience to buy their tickets, the reports believe.
Beyonce and Jay-Z perform "Drunk In Love" at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California January 26, 2014.
"They gave each other a squeeze and a tickle. She still seemed unfazed and managed a smile before slipping away from him," revealed an eyewitness, who attended their latest show in San Francisco to US magazine. The couple reportedly held hands when they ended the show. Jay Z led Beyonce from the stage but "it was all business for these two," said an eyewitness to the Web site.
"You could definitely tell that something was off with them. It felt very frosty. Normally they kiss and seem affectionate, but for this show there was just a quick peck at the end," added the eyewitness.
Both Beyonce and Jay Z have been embroiled in a controversy surrounding their marriage. Ever since the couple kicked off their "On the Run" tour, there has been speculation in the media that they are facing troubles in their marriage. Many Web sites are of the opinion that Queen Bey and Jay Z will divorce after their joint tour ends in Sept. The couple is currently on a one month break and will wrap up their "On the Run" tour with two new shows in Paris on Sept 12 and 13.
Meanwhile all these divorce speculations seem to be working in favour of Beyonce and Jay Z. Many Web sites are speculating that the couple is actually projecting their joint tour as their last one together and hence seeing a surge in ticket sales. Fans do not wish to miss the opportunity to see the power couple performing together.
"The North American leg of their 19-date On The Run tour has topped $100 million in ticket sales. That means Jay Z and Beyoncé are earning at a higher rate than the Rolling Stones who grossed $87.7 million on 18 dates in the first half of 2013. If Beyonce and Jay Z forgo their alleged differences and play at least 100 such shows, "On the Run" tour will come close to compete with U2's phenomenal 360 tour and would be "the second-most lucrative tour of all-time," writes Forbes.com in an exclusive report.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28