Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Tyrion Lannister’s New Friend
By Sachin Trivedi | August 13, 2014 5:48 PM EST
The fate of Tyrion Lannister hangs in the balance in "Game of Thrones" Season 5. Here is a look at the adventure the character has embarked on. The following spoilers are based on the book "A Dance with Dragons," written by George R. R. Martin. [Spoiler Alert.]
Cast member Peter Dinklage poses at the premiere for the third season of the television series "Game of Thrones" in Hollywood, California March 18, 2013. The third season debuts on HBO on March 31. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
Lord Varys has helped send Tyrion off in a ship to Pentos. Tyrion will meet Illyrio Mopatis, the Magister of Pentos. Fans of the franchise who have been watching the series from the beginning will remember the character hosting the Viserys and Daenerys Targaryen in season 1.
Arya had also heard Varys and Illyrio talking. The loyalty of both the characters seems to be towards the House Targaryen. The two are seen talking about an impending war between the Starks and the Lannisters. They were also waiting for the son of Khal Drago to be born for him to move against the Iron Throne.
Illyrio will host Tyrion in his house in Pentos, according to the books. Tyrion tries to converse with the two women in his kitchen and a washer woman later. But Tyrion finds that without gold in his pockets he is not able to make many friends in this new city in "Game of Thrones" Season 5.
Tyrion now has nothing and there is a price on his head. Cersei Lannister has offered a lordship to any man who brings the head of Tyrion. Illyrio will convince him that the only option left is to join Daenerys and help her claim the Iron Throne. He will also warn Tyrion of sea pirates and Stone Men.
"Game of Thrones" Season 5 will take Tyrion to the city of Volantis. Illyrio will also send two important characters -- Griff and young Griff with him on this journey. He later discovers that Griff is Lord Jon Connington and young Griff is Aegon Targaryen, who was believed to be dead during the sacking of King's Landing.
Filming currently ongoing for "Game of Thrones" Season 5. One of the cast members of the show J. J. Murphy died recently. The 86 year old actor was supposed to play the role of Ser Denys Mallister, the oldes member of the Night's Watch.
More Articles to Read
'Guardians Of The Galaxy' 2: Release Date-Nebula May Return [Read]
'Star Wars' 7: How Stars Hide Costumes To Stop Spoilers [Read]
'Batman vs. Superman:' Release Date and Aquaman Water Test - Report [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS