Allegedly Depressed Reality TV Star Robert Kardashian Reacts To Robin Williams' Death
By Christine Jane Caparras | August 13, 2014 5:43 PM EST
It's no secret that Robert Kardashian has been going through some personal issues in recent months and his family members have gone as far as calling him depressed. The reality TV star went to his Twitter account following the death of iconic actor Robin Williams to express his feelings.
U.S. actor Robin Williams poses for photographers during a photocall in Rome in this file picture taken November 15, 2005. Oscar-winning actor and comedian Williams was found dead on Monday from an apparent suicide at his home in Northern California, Marin County Sheriff's Office said. He was 63.
The usually introverted Kardashian brother has been very vocal in recent weeks on his social media sites after details of his ordeal with weight gain and depression have been exposed in recent episodes of "Keeping Up With The Kardashians."
When the news broke out about Williams' suicide, Rob posted a tweet expressing how he felt about the actor's passing:
Rest in Peace to the main man Robin Williams, :(
— ROBERT KARDASHIAN (@robkardashian) August 11, 2014
He then reposted the now viral photo of Robin Williams' character Genie being hugged by Aladdin from the animated Disney film with the caption: "This is so upsetting."
Rob also went on to retweet some of the sentiments of his family members whom he has been openly communicating with recently. Rob had previously been having issues with some members of the family as seen in their reality series. The rift was also widely reported by the media following Rob's sudden departure from Paris ahead of Kim Kardashian's wedding to Kanye West.
Heart broken!!! #RIP Robin Williams!! Praying for your family on such a sad day. You've given so much joy to so many. Devastating we lost u — Khloé (@khloekardashian) August 11, 2014
The memories and laughter he has given me and now to my children will live on for generations. A beautiful thing. #RobinWilliams
— Kourtney Kardashian (@kourtneykardash) August 12, 2014
Rob's mom Kris Jenner broke down during the family vacation in Thailand saying that she feels tortured everyday knowing that Rob is not ok and that he is struggling with depression and weight issues. Bruce Jenner has also voiced out his concern about how Rob has been missing so many family gatherings including the said trip to Thailand. Older sisters Kim and Khloe had a heated argument on the trip when they disagreed about how to handle Rob's situation with Kim taking a tougher approach and Khloe feeling guilty and wanting to coddle her brother and go back to L.A. by cutting her vacation short. Khloe revealed that she had been feeling guilty for exposing Rob to the toxic environment in the home that she shared with estranged husband Lamar Odom in the last few months that they were together.
After Rob missed Kim's wedding, many speculations about major rifts in the family surfaced. Things have started to look up for Rob in recent weeks however as he seems to have patched things up with the family members most especially after sisters Kim and Khloe stepped up to defend him through their social media sites against negative comments made against him by ex-girlfriend Adrienne Bailon. His recent posts have become more positive with him constantly reaching out to various family members including his fondness for baby North West. He also greeted his younger sister Kylie on her 17th birthday just this weekend and has reposted motivational messages which hopefully indicate a more positive outlook which could steer him clear of his alleged depression.
Hold on to whatever keeps you happy — Jen Selter (@JenSelter) August 13, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2