Allegedly Depressed Reality TV Star Robert Kardashian Reacts To Robin Williams' Death
By Christine Jane Caparras | August 13, 2014 5:43 PM EST
It's no secret that Robert Kardashian has been going through some personal issues in recent months and his family members have gone as far as calling him depressed. The reality TV star went to his Twitter account following the death of iconic actor Robin Williams to express his feelings.
U.S. actor Robin Williams poses for photographers during a photocall in Rome in this file picture taken November 15, 2005. Oscar-winning actor and comedian Williams was found dead on Monday from an apparent suicide at his home in Northern California, Marin County Sheriff's Office said. He was 63.
The usually introverted Kardashian brother has been very vocal in recent weeks on his social media sites after details of his ordeal with weight gain and depression have been exposed in recent episodes of "Keeping Up With The Kardashians."
When the news broke out about Williams' suicide, Rob posted a tweet expressing how he felt about the actor's passing:
Rest in Peace to the main man Robin Williams, :(
— ROBERT KARDASHIAN (@robkardashian) August 11, 2014
He then reposted the now viral photo of Robin Williams' character Genie being hugged by Aladdin from the animated Disney film with the caption: "This is so upsetting."
Rob also went on to retweet some of the sentiments of his family members whom he has been openly communicating with recently. Rob had previously been having issues with some members of the family as seen in their reality series. The rift was also widely reported by the media following Rob's sudden departure from Paris ahead of Kim Kardashian's wedding to Kanye West.
Heart broken!!! #RIP Robin Williams!! Praying for your family on such a sad day. You've given so much joy to so many. Devastating we lost u — Khloé (@khloekardashian) August 11, 2014
The memories and laughter he has given me and now to my children will live on for generations. A beautiful thing. #RobinWilliams
— Kourtney Kardashian (@kourtneykardash) August 12, 2014
Rob's mom Kris Jenner broke down during the family vacation in Thailand saying that she feels tortured everyday knowing that Rob is not ok and that he is struggling with depression and weight issues. Bruce Jenner has also voiced out his concern about how Rob has been missing so many family gatherings including the said trip to Thailand. Older sisters Kim and Khloe had a heated argument on the trip when they disagreed about how to handle Rob's situation with Kim taking a tougher approach and Khloe feeling guilty and wanting to coddle her brother and go back to L.A. by cutting her vacation short. Khloe revealed that she had been feeling guilty for exposing Rob to the toxic environment in the home that she shared with estranged husband Lamar Odom in the last few months that they were together.
After Rob missed Kim's wedding, many speculations about major rifts in the family surfaced. Things have started to look up for Rob in recent weeks however as he seems to have patched things up with the family members most especially after sisters Kim and Khloe stepped up to defend him through their social media sites against negative comments made against him by ex-girlfriend Adrienne Bailon. His recent posts have become more positive with him constantly reaching out to various family members including his fondness for baby North West. He also greeted his younger sister Kylie on her 17th birthday just this weekend and has reposted motivational messages which hopefully indicate a more positive outlook which could steer him clear of his alleged depression.
Hold on to whatever keeps you happy — Jen Selter (@JenSelter) August 13, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border