Allegedly Depressed Reality TV Star Robert Kardashian Reacts To Robin Williams' Death
By Christine Jane Caparras | August 13, 2014 5:43 PM EST
It's no secret that Robert Kardashian has been going through some personal issues in recent months and his family members have gone as far as calling him depressed. The reality TV star went to his Twitter account following the death of iconic actor Robin Williams to express his feelings.
U.S. actor Robin Williams poses for photographers during a photocall in Rome in this file picture taken November 15, 2005. Oscar-winning actor and comedian Williams was found dead on Monday from an apparent suicide at his home in Northern California, Marin County Sheriff's Office said. He was 63.
The usually introverted Kardashian brother has been very vocal in recent weeks on his social media sites after details of his ordeal with weight gain and depression have been exposed in recent episodes of "Keeping Up With The Kardashians."
When the news broke out about Williams' suicide, Rob posted a tweet expressing how he felt about the actor's passing:
Rest in Peace to the main man Robin Williams, :(
— ROBERT KARDASHIAN (@robkardashian) August 11, 2014
He then reposted the now viral photo of Robin Williams' character Genie being hugged by Aladdin from the animated Disney film with the caption: "This is so upsetting."
Rob also went on to retweet some of the sentiments of his family members whom he has been openly communicating with recently. Rob had previously been having issues with some members of the family as seen in their reality series. The rift was also widely reported by the media following Rob's sudden departure from Paris ahead of Kim Kardashian's wedding to Kanye West.
Heart broken!!! #RIP Robin Williams!! Praying for your family on such a sad day. You've given so much joy to so many. Devastating we lost u — Khloé (@khloekardashian) August 11, 2014
The memories and laughter he has given me and now to my children will live on for generations. A beautiful thing. #RobinWilliams
— Kourtney Kardashian (@kourtneykardash) August 12, 2014
Rob's mom Kris Jenner broke down during the family vacation in Thailand saying that she feels tortured everyday knowing that Rob is not ok and that he is struggling with depression and weight issues. Bruce Jenner has also voiced out his concern about how Rob has been missing so many family gatherings including the said trip to Thailand. Older sisters Kim and Khloe had a heated argument on the trip when they disagreed about how to handle Rob's situation with Kim taking a tougher approach and Khloe feeling guilty and wanting to coddle her brother and go back to L.A. by cutting her vacation short. Khloe revealed that she had been feeling guilty for exposing Rob to the toxic environment in the home that she shared with estranged husband Lamar Odom in the last few months that they were together.
After Rob missed Kim's wedding, many speculations about major rifts in the family surfaced. Things have started to look up for Rob in recent weeks however as he seems to have patched things up with the family members most especially after sisters Kim and Khloe stepped up to defend him through their social media sites against negative comments made against him by ex-girlfriend Adrienne Bailon. His recent posts have become more positive with him constantly reaching out to various family members including his fondness for baby North West. He also greeted his younger sister Kylie on her 17th birthday just this weekend and has reposted motivational messages which hopefully indicate a more positive outlook which could steer him clear of his alleged depression.
Hold on to whatever keeps you happy — Jen Selter (@JenSelter) August 13, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop