Tom Hardy Can Ditch Acting For Boxing, Says Freddie Roach—Report
By Tanya Diente | August 13, 2014 5:00 PM EST
Freddie Roach reportedly claimed Hollywood actor Tom Hardy can actually give up his acting career for a punching job inside the boxing ring.
Tom Hardy is set to appear on "Legend," a biopic about the notorious Kray twins Ronnie and Reggie. According to The Sun, the actor has been prepping up for his gangster role with boxing veteran Freddie Roach.
According to the site, Roach saw some potential for the "Locke" actor to actually be a professional boxer during their sparring matches. Manny Pacquiao's coach has reportedly been pushing Tom Hardy to give all he's got during their sessions and the veteran figured the actor has the skills to "step in the ring for real."
However, Tom Hardy may not be prepared for a real-life boxing match. Express reports he injured his ankle while filming a fight scene. A source reportedly confirmed to The Sun that the actor "fell over pretty hard."
"He's a tough guy but you could tell he was in pain. They didn't take any chances and carted him off to hospital for an X-ray," the source said.
But the injury hasn't deterred the actor from continuing with the filming even though his ankle is reportedly "giving him grief."
Standard reports "Legend" is adapted from John Pearson's book "The Profession of Violence." Filming mostly transpired in London and started in June. Daily Mail adds the movie adaptation is a re-telling of the history of the Kray twins' crime dealings during the 1950s and the 1960s.
According to Daily Mail, Ronnie and Reggie Kray built a name for themselves during the era as club owners. They were also bosses to one of London's most notorious crime organisations. The brothers reportedly also got away with murder since witnesses and residents of East End cowered in fear and wouldn't testify against them.
However, their reign reportedly ended in 1969. They were found guilty for the murder of George Cornell and Jack "The Hat" McVitie. Ronnie Kray spent life imprisonment at Broadmoor Hospital since he was believed to be a paranoid schizophrenic. He died in 1995.
Meanwhile, Reggie Kray spent three years in Maidstone Prison, where he reportedly revealed to an inmate, Bradley Allardyce, that Ronnie killed his wife Frances Shea.
"Legend" is written and directed by Brian Helgeland. Tom Hardy is joined in the movie by Christopher Eccleston, David Thewlis, Tara Fitzgerald and Taron Egerton.
Source: YouTube/Press Association
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles