Tom Hardy Can Ditch Acting For Boxing, Says Freddie Roach—Report
By Tanya Diente | August 13, 2014 5:00 PM EST
Freddie Roach reportedly claimed Hollywood actor Tom Hardy can actually give up his acting career for a punching job inside the boxing ring.
Tom Hardy is set to appear on "Legend," a biopic about the notorious Kray twins Ronnie and Reggie. According to The Sun, the actor has been prepping up for his gangster role with boxing veteran Freddie Roach.
According to the site, Roach saw some potential for the "Locke" actor to actually be a professional boxer during their sparring matches. Manny Pacquiao's coach has reportedly been pushing Tom Hardy to give all he's got during their sessions and the veteran figured the actor has the skills to "step in the ring for real."
However, Tom Hardy may not be prepared for a real-life boxing match. Express reports he injured his ankle while filming a fight scene. A source reportedly confirmed to The Sun that the actor "fell over pretty hard."
"He's a tough guy but you could tell he was in pain. They didn't take any chances and carted him off to hospital for an X-ray," the source said.
But the injury hasn't deterred the actor from continuing with the filming even though his ankle is reportedly "giving him grief."
Standard reports "Legend" is adapted from John Pearson's book "The Profession of Violence." Filming mostly transpired in London and started in June. Daily Mail adds the movie adaptation is a re-telling of the history of the Kray twins' crime dealings during the 1950s and the 1960s.
According to Daily Mail, Ronnie and Reggie Kray built a name for themselves during the era as club owners. They were also bosses to one of London's most notorious crime organisations. The brothers reportedly also got away with murder since witnesses and residents of East End cowered in fear and wouldn't testify against them.
However, their reign reportedly ended in 1969. They were found guilty for the murder of George Cornell and Jack "The Hat" McVitie. Ronnie Kray spent life imprisonment at Broadmoor Hospital since he was believed to be a paranoid schizophrenic. He died in 1995.
Meanwhile, Reggie Kray spent three years in Maidstone Prison, where he reportedly revealed to an inmate, Bradley Allardyce, that Ronnie killed his wife Frances Shea.
"Legend" is written and directed by Brian Helgeland. Tom Hardy is joined in the movie by Christopher Eccleston, David Thewlis, Tara Fitzgerald and Taron Egerton.
Source: YouTube/Press Association
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage