Tom Hardy Can Ditch Acting For Boxing, Says Freddie Roach—Report
By Tanya Diente | August 13, 2014 5:00 PM EST
Freddie Roach reportedly claimed Hollywood actor Tom Hardy can actually give up his acting career for a punching job inside the boxing ring.
Tom Hardy is set to appear on "Legend," a biopic about the notorious Kray twins Ronnie and Reggie. According to The Sun, the actor has been prepping up for his gangster role with boxing veteran Freddie Roach.
According to the site, Roach saw some potential for the "Locke" actor to actually be a professional boxer during their sparring matches. Manny Pacquiao's coach has reportedly been pushing Tom Hardy to give all he's got during their sessions and the veteran figured the actor has the skills to "step in the ring for real."
However, Tom Hardy may not be prepared for a real-life boxing match. Express reports he injured his ankle while filming a fight scene. A source reportedly confirmed to The Sun that the actor "fell over pretty hard."
"He's a tough guy but you could tell he was in pain. They didn't take any chances and carted him off to hospital for an X-ray," the source said.
But the injury hasn't deterred the actor from continuing with the filming even though his ankle is reportedly "giving him grief."
Standard reports "Legend" is adapted from John Pearson's book "The Profession of Violence." Filming mostly transpired in London and started in June. Daily Mail adds the movie adaptation is a re-telling of the history of the Kray twins' crime dealings during the 1950s and the 1960s.
According to Daily Mail, Ronnie and Reggie Kray built a name for themselves during the era as club owners. They were also bosses to one of London's most notorious crime organisations. The brothers reportedly also got away with murder since witnesses and residents of East End cowered in fear and wouldn't testify against them.
However, their reign reportedly ended in 1969. They were found guilty for the murder of George Cornell and Jack "The Hat" McVitie. Ronnie Kray spent life imprisonment at Broadmoor Hospital since he was believed to be a paranoid schizophrenic. He died in 1995.
Meanwhile, Reggie Kray spent three years in Maidstone Prison, where he reportedly revealed to an inmate, Bradley Allardyce, that Ronnie killed his wife Frances Shea.
"Legend" is written and directed by Brian Helgeland. Tom Hardy is joined in the movie by Christopher Eccleston, David Thewlis, Tara Fitzgerald and Taron Egerton.
Source: YouTube/Press Association
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown