Transfer News: Vidal's Injury Could See Juventus Playmaker Paul Pogba Make the Man Utd Move
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 13, 2014 3:49 PM EST
Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba could be making a return to Manchester United as doubts are casted towards the possibility of making the same move by Arturo Vidal, as there is no assurance whether he will be able to return to tip-top shape following a knee injury.
Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba could head to Manchester United in lieu of his injured teammate Arturo Vidal
The Chilean international, who underwent a surgery last May, was able to recover for the recent World Cup finals, but is still recuperating from the said setback.
"He's injured at the moment and he's trying to get fit," Pogba spoke of his teammate.
The 27-year-old former Bayer Leverkusen man is seemingly ripe to make the biggest move of his career after helping the Bianconeri to three Serie A titles, while posting impressive numbers in both European and domestic duties.
Meanwhile, Pogba, who has also been heavily linked with a return to his former club following Van Gaal's installation as first-team manager, refused to answer questions regarding his future but did not categorically rule out the possibility of heading elsewhere this summer.
"I haven't spoken with any manager or with anyone about my contract so for me I'm just staying focused and training hard," the 21-year-old French international intimated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- For Mayweather, The Prize Comes First, Not The Fans
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Signs Using Odom’s Surname; Source Reveals Khloe Still ‘Proud’ Of Being Called Mrs. Odom