Kim Kardashian Hollywood Game Now Available for Apple Laptop and Desktop Users
By Christine Jane Caparras | August 13, 2014 3:36 PM EST
Reality TV star and now multimedia mogul Kim Kardashian has announced that her video game, "Kim Kardashian Hollywood" is now available at the Mac App Store and is no longer just limited to ipad and iphone users.
Television personality Kim Kardashian arrives at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
The announcement was made via a screenshot of the App Store interface on Kim's personal Instagram account where she stated: "#KimKardashianGame is featured on the Mac App Store now! This allows people to play on their Mac Laptops and Desktop computers :-)"
The description on the App Store gives the game a 4.5 star rating and was initially designed for the iphone and ipad. The game encourages users to create their own celebrity character and lead that character into a red carpet adventure that ideally ends in fame and fortune.The character starts out as a minor celebrity and the user should be able to dress up the character and manage the character's career and bring it up to A-list levels.
Users are able to pick outfits for their character and some of the outfits are supposedly picked out by Kim Kardashian herself. After getting all dressed up, the user then starts to interact with fans and then rubs elbows with other celebrities including Kim. Of course, being a celebrity, the character also needs to deal with persistent paparazzi.
What is a celebrity life without being in the dating scene users are also able to flirt and go out on dates in the game and even build a relationship to form a celebrity power couple.
The Apple Game Center and Facebook allows friends who play the game to interact and play wit each other within the app.
While the game is free to download and play, there are in-app purchases that can be made using real cash in order to expedite the character's rise to fame and other such bonuses. The energy level of the character is one important in-app purchase that addicted players may often opt to buy since it gives the character extra energy to complete tasks like photo shoots that would help make the rise to fame go faster.
The App is also available via the Google Play store for Android users. The game has consistently ranked near the top of the list of free downloadable games and has so far been raking in the cash. Various tech websites have estimated that the app could earn up to $200 million in a year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports