Kim Kardashian Hollywood Game Now Available for Apple Laptop and Desktop Users
By Christine Jane Caparras | August 13, 2014 3:36 PM EST
Reality TV star and now multimedia mogul Kim Kardashian has announced that her video game, "Kim Kardashian Hollywood" is now available at the Mac App Store and is no longer just limited to ipad and iphone users.
Television personality Kim Kardashian arrives at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
The announcement was made via a screenshot of the App Store interface on Kim's personal Instagram account where she stated: "#KimKardashianGame is featured on the Mac App Store now! This allows people to play on their Mac Laptops and Desktop computers :-)"
The description on the App Store gives the game a 4.5 star rating and was initially designed for the iphone and ipad. The game encourages users to create their own celebrity character and lead that character into a red carpet adventure that ideally ends in fame and fortune.The character starts out as a minor celebrity and the user should be able to dress up the character and manage the character's career and bring it up to A-list levels.
Users are able to pick outfits for their character and some of the outfits are supposedly picked out by Kim Kardashian herself. After getting all dressed up, the user then starts to interact with fans and then rubs elbows with other celebrities including Kim. Of course, being a celebrity, the character also needs to deal with persistent paparazzi.
What is a celebrity life without being in the dating scene users are also able to flirt and go out on dates in the game and even build a relationship to form a celebrity power couple.
The Apple Game Center and Facebook allows friends who play the game to interact and play wit each other within the app.
While the game is free to download and play, there are in-app purchases that can be made using real cash in order to expedite the character's rise to fame and other such bonuses. The energy level of the character is one important in-app purchase that addicted players may often opt to buy since it gives the character extra energy to complete tasks like photo shoots that would help make the rise to fame go faster.
The App is also available via the Google Play store for Android users. The game has consistently ranked near the top of the list of free downloadable games and has so far been raking in the cash. Various tech websites have estimated that the app could earn up to $200 million in a year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report