Moto X Android L Guide with Moto X+1: When to Hit Your Region and Installation
By Precious Silva | August 13, 2014 3:24 PM EST
Android updates reach manufacturers and devices at varying times. Some companies roll out the updates faster while others take some time. Fortunately for Moto X users, a Motorola executive has confirmed the release of the Android L for the device. The release of the update may be faster or slower for some depending on their network and region.
A member of the media examines one of Motorola's new Moto X phones at a launch event in New York, August 1, 2013. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
The Android L update for Moto X confirmation came from the company's executive, Punit Soni. In an exclusive report by Android Origin and through a Google+ post, Motorola has confirmed the roll out. One user posted in his Google+ whether Moto X would be in line for the upcoming update. Punit addressed the concern with a simple answer, replying "Yup" under the comments section.
People will also see how interactive Punit became talking to people especially Android fans. One user, David Burrows, said that: "Us AT&T customers will see [Android] L roll out to our phones about the time that Google releases [Android] N".
To this, Punit replied "Sad. We really try to speed things up..." There were a number of users suggesting that Motorola should work on hosting upgrades to allow users to update their units manually. Nonetheless, this should still need a lot of work as the company has many updates left to roll out. The update should be released soon as Google makes the Android L platform available. Reports point to a fall or end of the year release.
Motorola will also reportedly release its Moto X+1 handset. According to DroidLife, possible release date is September 25. The site did not offer additional details. It also did not clarify where the tip came from. According to the website, sources have confirmed the release of the device this September 25 under Verizon.
Analysts also believe that the Moto X+1 could debut alongside Moto 360. Reported specs of the Moto X successor include Snapdragon 800, 2GBRAM, 5.1-inch screen with 1080 display, 12MP primary camera, 32GB internal memory and 2900mAh li-ion battery.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles