5 Easiest and Best Weight Loss Tips by Dr Oz
By Sarah Thomas | August 13, 2014 2:40 PM EST
Dr Mehmet Oz has given 5 weight-loss tips that would help any person who is looking forward to lose weight or has already adopted a weight-loss regime to lose weight better. He has analysed the current diet trends, fitness regimes and lifestyle changes and come up with safe, easy and rapid ways to lose weight. One hundred of his tips have been featured on the doctor Oz website.
Article Television show host Dr. Mehmet Cengiz Oz (Dr. Oz) poses at the "Stand Up To Cancer" television event, aimed at raising funds to accelerate innovative cancer research, at the Sony Studios Lot in Culver City, California September 10, 2010. The one-hour live commercial-free fundraising event was aired across multiple broadcast and cable channels at the same time. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok (UNITED STATES - Tags: ENTERTAINMENT HEALTH SOCIETY)
Eat to lose weight
The Daytime Emmy Award-winning host of the Dr. Oz Show, said that weight loss is connected to nutrition intake. Oz states, "You will not lose weight on exercise alone. You will lose weight with food alone." However, he does not deny the importance of exercise, he specifies that both the right kind of nutrition and exercise aids weight loss. "The (main) reason you exercise is to feel better about life and to live longer. That's why you exercise. If you want to lose weight, eat differently."
Skipping meals is more harmful than you know
It is well known that when you skip you meals, there is an uneven intake of calories and the body goes into energy-saving mode, conserving the fats. Oz said, "Skipping meals can cause your body to go into a fat-storing starvation mode, making it harder to burn calories." Moreover, there is always a tendency to overeat when you're hungry.
Meditation can help cut out emotional eating
Most people are emotional eaters, they take to food whenever they are stressed, and Oz rightly points that meditation can help cope with chronic stress, which can lead to craving for feel-good carbs. Judith Wurtman, PhD, director of the program of women's health at MIT, conducted a research which showed that carb intake increases serotonin secretion in the brain, and this makes one feel good about themselves.
It is seen that sugar and not fat is the cause for weight gain. Oz advises people to stay away from sugar unless it has nutritional value. "Raw honey is a source of sugar that has other benefits," he states.
Water is a blessing
Water keeps the skin hydrated, purifies the blood and also plays a major role in weight loss. According to a study published in Obesity, older men and women who drank a 16-ounce glass of water before a meal had a lower calorie consumption as they ate less and lost weight as well. Oz specifies that most often, we are unaware of whether we are really hungry or not. "Don't confuse thirst with hunger. Drink a glass of water when you feel hungry to see if that's what you're really craving," he suggests.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 12 Terrifyingly Healthy Halloween Treats
- New York Doctor Tests Positive For Ebola
- Kate Middleton Back To Herself After Struggling With Hyperemesis Gravidarum
- Ebola Vaccine: Johnson & Johnson Confident Of Human Trials In January And Market Delivery in May Next Year
- Dead Heart Beats Again, Doctors Use It For Transplant – A World’s First For Australia
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’