5 Easiest and Best Weight Loss Tips by Dr Oz
By Sarah Thomas | August 13, 2014 2:40 PM EST
Dr Mehmet Oz has given 5 weight-loss tips that would help any person who is looking forward to lose weight or has already adopted a weight-loss regime to lose weight better. He has analysed the current diet trends, fitness regimes and lifestyle changes and come up with safe, easy and rapid ways to lose weight. One hundred of his tips have been featured on the doctor Oz website.
Article Television show host Dr. Mehmet Cengiz Oz (Dr. Oz) poses at the "Stand Up To Cancer" television event, aimed at raising funds to accelerate innovative cancer research, at the Sony Studios Lot in Culver City, California September 10, 2010. The one-hour live commercial-free fundraising event was aired across multiple broadcast and cable channels at the same time. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok (UNITED STATES - Tags: ENTERTAINMENT HEALTH SOCIETY)
Eat to lose weight
The Daytime Emmy Award-winning host of the Dr. Oz Show, said that weight loss is connected to nutrition intake. Oz states, "You will not lose weight on exercise alone. You will lose weight with food alone." However, he does not deny the importance of exercise, he specifies that both the right kind of nutrition and exercise aids weight loss. "The (main) reason you exercise is to feel better about life and to live longer. That's why you exercise. If you want to lose weight, eat differently."
Skipping meals is more harmful than you know
It is well known that when you skip you meals, there is an uneven intake of calories and the body goes into energy-saving mode, conserving the fats. Oz said, "Skipping meals can cause your body to go into a fat-storing starvation mode, making it harder to burn calories." Moreover, there is always a tendency to overeat when you're hungry.
Meditation can help cut out emotional eating
Most people are emotional eaters, they take to food whenever they are stressed, and Oz rightly points that meditation can help cope with chronic stress, which can lead to craving for feel-good carbs. Judith Wurtman, PhD, director of the program of women's health at MIT, conducted a research which showed that carb intake increases serotonin secretion in the brain, and this makes one feel good about themselves.
It is seen that sugar and not fat is the cause for weight gain. Oz advises people to stay away from sugar unless it has nutritional value. "Raw honey is a source of sugar that has other benefits," he states.
Water is a blessing
Water keeps the skin hydrated, purifies the blood and also plays a major role in weight loss. According to a study published in Obesity, older men and women who drank a 16-ounce glass of water before a meal had a lower calorie consumption as they ate less and lost weight as well. Oz specifies that most often, we are unaware of whether we are really hungry or not. "Don't confuse thirst with hunger. Drink a glass of water when you feel hungry to see if that's what you're really craving," he suggests.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians' Star Kourtney Kardashian Blamed For Khloe's Weight Gain Through Social Media Messages
- Peter Quillin Claims That Adriana Lima Will Beat Gisele In The Boxing Ring; Adriana's Weight Loss Through Boxing and A Paleo Diet
- Caution to Diabetics: Artificial Sweeteners May Increase Blood Sugar Levels Based on Study
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy: Middleton's Morning Sickness Could Cause Risk Of Miscarriage[Watch Video]
- Ebola Update: Australian Aid Worker Appeals For More Field Hospitals, U.S. Steps Up Efforts To Fight Virus
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet