Android 4.4.2 KitKat: Sony Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia E1 Quick Steps to Download and Install
By Ryan Inoyori | August 13, 2014 2:24 PM EST
Users can install the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update on the Sony Xperia T2 Ultra and Xperia E1 via Update Centre app or using a PC suite from Sony installed on a Windows computer or MAC. Xperia T2 Ultra Dual and Xperia E1 Dual are also upgradable to Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS.
Using the Update Centre App
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra and Xperia E1 have the Update Centre app located in the Application menu which is used to download and install new apps and software builds from Sony Mobile.
1. Enable Wi-Fi connection or mobile data. It is recommended to use Wi-Fi due to better speed and stable connectivity than mobile data.
2. Go to the Application Menu.
3. Launch the Update Centre app.
4. Tap on the Refresh icon found at the top-right corner of the application.
5. Once the update notification appears, follow the instructions provided on the screen.
6. Downloading may take some time depending on the Internet speed and size of the firmware file.
After the download, another message will notify the user regarding the installation procedure. It will request that the battery life should be at least 50 per cent before any installation may be performed. Also, users may need to free some internal storage space for the firmware to be installed.
Using Sony PC Companion or Sony Bridge
Users may also utilise a Windows computer or MAC to download and install the update via USB connection.
2. Launch the Sony PC suite installed on the machine.
3. Connect the Sony Xperia device using a USB cable and let the drivers to be installed.
4. A notification will prompt on the PC suite regarding a new firmware update.
5. Confirm the firmware download on the PC suite. Download time depends on the speed of the Internet, processing power of the computer and firmware file size.
6. After the download, proceed to installation by following the instructions provided on the screen.
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra Change Logs
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat new features and enhancements
- Update camera app and overall tuning to improve camera experience
- Enhanced email app
- Stability, performance and battery improvements
Sony Xperia E1 Change Logs
- Android 4.4 KitKat new features and enhancements
- Improved software stability for smoother performance
- Camera improvements for enhanced performance
- Personalise messages using coloured emojis
- Take screenshots with the built-in screenshot menu
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- ‘Minecraft’ PS4, Xbox One And PS Vita Updates From Devs, Microsoft CEO Talks About The Buyout
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design