Android 4.4.2 KitKat: Sony Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia E1 Quick Steps to Download and Install
By Ryan Inoyori | August 13, 2014 2:24 PM EST
Users can install the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update on the Sony Xperia T2 Ultra and Xperia E1 via Update Centre app or using a PC suite from Sony installed on a Windows computer or MAC. Xperia T2 Ultra Dual and Xperia E1 Dual are also upgradable to Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS.
Using the Update Centre App
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra and Xperia E1 have the Update Centre app located in the Application menu which is used to download and install new apps and software builds from Sony Mobile.
1. Enable Wi-Fi connection or mobile data. It is recommended to use Wi-Fi due to better speed and stable connectivity than mobile data.
2. Go to the Application Menu.
3. Launch the Update Centre app.
4. Tap on the Refresh icon found at the top-right corner of the application.
5. Once the update notification appears, follow the instructions provided on the screen.
6. Downloading may take some time depending on the Internet speed and size of the firmware file.
After the download, another message will notify the user regarding the installation procedure. It will request that the battery life should be at least 50 per cent before any installation may be performed. Also, users may need to free some internal storage space for the firmware to be installed.
Using Sony PC Companion or Sony Bridge
Users may also utilise a Windows computer or MAC to download and install the update via USB connection.
2. Launch the Sony PC suite installed on the machine.
3. Connect the Sony Xperia device using a USB cable and let the drivers to be installed.
4. A notification will prompt on the PC suite regarding a new firmware update.
5. Confirm the firmware download on the PC suite. Download time depends on the speed of the Internet, processing power of the computer and firmware file size.
6. After the download, proceed to installation by following the instructions provided on the screen.
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra Change Logs
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat new features and enhancements
- Update camera app and overall tuning to improve camera experience
- Enhanced email app
- Stability, performance and battery improvements
Sony Xperia E1 Change Logs
- Android 4.4 KitKat new features and enhancements
- Improved software stability for smoother performance
- Camera improvements for enhanced performance
- Personalise messages using coloured emojis
- Take screenshots with the built-in screenshot menu
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports