Android 4.4.2 KitKat: Sony Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia E1 Quick Steps to Download and Install
By Ryan Inoyori | August 13, 2014 2:24 PM EST
Users can install the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update on the Sony Xperia T2 Ultra and Xperia E1 via Update Centre app or using a PC suite from Sony installed on a Windows computer or MAC. Xperia T2 Ultra Dual and Xperia E1 Dual are also upgradable to Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS.
Using the Update Centre App
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra and Xperia E1 have the Update Centre app located in the Application menu which is used to download and install new apps and software builds from Sony Mobile.
1. Enable Wi-Fi connection or mobile data. It is recommended to use Wi-Fi due to better speed and stable connectivity than mobile data.
2. Go to the Application Menu.
3. Launch the Update Centre app.
4. Tap on the Refresh icon found at the top-right corner of the application.
5. Once the update notification appears, follow the instructions provided on the screen.
6. Downloading may take some time depending on the Internet speed and size of the firmware file.
After the download, another message will notify the user regarding the installation procedure. It will request that the battery life should be at least 50 per cent before any installation may be performed. Also, users may need to free some internal storage space for the firmware to be installed.
Using Sony PC Companion or Sony Bridge
Users may also utilise a Windows computer or MAC to download and install the update via USB connection.
2. Launch the Sony PC suite installed on the machine.
3. Connect the Sony Xperia device using a USB cable and let the drivers to be installed.
4. A notification will prompt on the PC suite regarding a new firmware update.
5. Confirm the firmware download on the PC suite. Download time depends on the speed of the Internet, processing power of the computer and firmware file size.
6. After the download, proceed to installation by following the instructions provided on the screen.
Sony Xperia T2 Ultra Change Logs
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat new features and enhancements
- Update camera app and overall tuning to improve camera experience
- Enhanced email app
- Stability, performance and battery improvements
Sony Xperia E1 Change Logs
- Android 4.4 KitKat new features and enhancements
- Improved software stability for smoother performance
- Camera improvements for enhanced performance
- Personalise messages using coloured emojis
- Take screenshots with the built-in screenshot menu
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- PS4 Teasers: New Tech, ‘Battlefield Hardline’ And ‘Game of Thrones’ Come To PlayStation Experience
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change