Assassin’s Creed Unity and Far Cry 4 Reveal New Trailers as EA Goes Full Swing at Gamescom
By Gel Galang | August 13, 2014 2:17 PM EST
Ubisoft is on a roll with its two upcoming and awaited titles, "Assassin's Creed Unity" and "Far Cry 4," both of which made an appearance over at Gamescom.
Several new action video games are promoted at the Ubisoft booth at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 10, 2014.
Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire CoroCoro Scans and Trailer Leak New Mega Altaria, Mega Lopunny and Pikachu Cosplay
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Multiplayer as Another Titanfall, Weapons and Preorder Bonuses Revealed
But before delving into the two titles and the new details following their Gamescom debut, Ubisoft has put another one of its execs a little before he made it to the event in Germany. Alain Corre, who has been a part of Ubisoft since the 1980s, has been in charge of the Ubisoft business in Europe, parts of Asia and the Middle East.
As far as the changing trends of the market now, Corre gives his two cents on the market, Ubisoft's plans and the upcoming games. First off, Corre sees a lot of potential in Ubisoft's next-gen lineup, which includes "Tom Clancy's The Division" and "Assassin's Creed Unity," not only in the video game department, but also in the merchandise.
And much like other studios and developers, Ubisoft has also been keeping watch of the growth of the smartphone industry and other channels by which they can expose more players to games.
"This local studio presence in emerging markets means that we gain important insights into trends, preferences and cultural differences for each region, which really help guide our business strategy," said Corre to Ubisoft Blog.
Now that Gamescom is already up once more, Corre sees it as a key venue to put games into gamers' reach and get immediate feedback. It seems that Ubisoft is bent on ensuring that the last few weeks of development really incorporate all of the feedback obtained from fans, to bring its games closer to the best it can be.
'Assassin's Creed Unity' Showcased at Gamescom
As part of this thrust, Ubisoft has shown off more footage from its next-gen game "Assassin's Creed Unity." Conducted during Microsoft's own conference, Joystiq reports that gamers were treated to a lot of parkour moves from lead character Arno.
Check out how Paris looks like in the eyes of Arno and see "Assassin's Creed Unity" recreate its own unique 19th century Paris, complete with its grandeur and feuds, in the link above.
See Kyrat in a New 'Far Cry 4' Trailer
Another Ubisoft game to be treated to a new trailer at Gamescom is "Far Cry 4," which allows you to see further what the environment has to offer.
What makes "Far Cry 4" unique from other games is its play-with-a-friend feature, letting you explore the world and enjoy an adventure without having to deal with main missions.
According to the Ubisoft Blog, you and your friend still have access to the challenges and outputs, as well more surprises in "Far Cry 4." The developer has also introduced the idea of Keys to Kyrat, which lets PS4 and PS3 players bring a buddy with them in the adventure even though they don't have a copy of the title.
This is mostly to serve as a trial run of two hours, and you can give this to 10 of your friends on the PlayStation Network.
"Far Cry 4" will also come to the Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC on Nov 18. Those who will be preordering "Far Cry 4," will be upgraded to the Limited Edition, which features the single-player mission in Hurk's Redemption.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones