Sony Xperia E1 Receiving Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Xperia M2 Android KitKat Certified By PTCRB
By Ryan Inoyori | August 13, 2014 2:13 PM EST
Sony Mobile is now rolling out the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update for the Xperia E single-SIM and Xperia E dual-SIM variants worldwide. Xperia E single-SIM Android 4.4.2 KitKat upgrade carries the firmware build version 20.1.A.0.47 while the dual-SIM model has the 20.1.B.0.64 build version which was certified by PTCRB in August 7, 2014.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update for Sony Xperia E models feature notable changes including user interface revamp on the status and navigation bars, and Quick Settings, Sony PlayStation 4 boot animation and wallpapers applicable on the lock and home screens.
Here are the official details of the new firmware update for Xperia E1 and Xperia E1 Dual according to Sony Mobile:
- Android 4.4 KitKat new features and enhancements.
- Improved software stability for smoother performance.
- Camera improvements for enhanced performance.
- Personalise your messages now with colourful emojis.
- Take screenshots easily with built-in screenshot menu.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat is the first major firmware version for Xperia E1 and Xperia E1 Dual within its 18-month software life cycle.
Sony Xperia M2 Upcoming Android KitKat
PTCRB certified new firmware builds for the Sony Xperia M2 and Xperia M2 Dual running Android 4.4 KitKat. There are two firmware build versions certified for Xperia M2 in accordance to the phone variant. New firmware for Xperia M2 single-SIM D2303 and D2306 has the build version 18.3.C.0.37 while the software for D2305 has the build number 18.3.A.0.31.
Xperia M2 dual-SIM D2302 and S50h share the same firmware 18.3.B.0.31 certified in August 7 similar with Xperia E and Xperia M2 single-SIM. Based on the official list of certified firmware, the significant change on the numerical code confirms Android 4.4.2 KitKat version.
Users can expect similar changes and features provided by Android 4.4.2 KitKat with Xperia Home UI such as restyled status and navigation bars, new Quick Settings and Sony PlayStation 4 animation and wallpapers. No schedule has been announced regarding the official rollout date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- Xbox One News: Windows 10 Hinted For Xbox One; Deals With Gold And Xbox One Counterfeits Detailed
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks