Sony Xperia E1 Receiving Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Xperia M2 Android KitKat Certified By PTCRB
By Ryan Inoyori | August 13, 2014 2:13 PM EST
Sony Mobile is now rolling out the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update for the Xperia E single-SIM and Xperia E dual-SIM variants worldwide. Xperia E single-SIM Android 4.4.2 KitKat upgrade carries the firmware build version 20.1.A.0.47 while the dual-SIM model has the 20.1.B.0.64 build version which was certified by PTCRB in August 7, 2014.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update for Sony Xperia E models feature notable changes including user interface revamp on the status and navigation bars, and Quick Settings, Sony PlayStation 4 boot animation and wallpapers applicable on the lock and home screens.
Here are the official details of the new firmware update for Xperia E1 and Xperia E1 Dual according to Sony Mobile:
- Android 4.4 KitKat new features and enhancements.
- Improved software stability for smoother performance.
- Camera improvements for enhanced performance.
- Personalise your messages now with colourful emojis.
- Take screenshots easily with built-in screenshot menu.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat is the first major firmware version for Xperia E1 and Xperia E1 Dual within its 18-month software life cycle.
Sony Xperia M2 Upcoming Android KitKat
PTCRB certified new firmware builds for the Sony Xperia M2 and Xperia M2 Dual running Android 4.4 KitKat. There are two firmware build versions certified for Xperia M2 in accordance to the phone variant. New firmware for Xperia M2 single-SIM D2303 and D2306 has the build version 18.3.C.0.37 while the software for D2305 has the build number 18.3.A.0.31.
Xperia M2 dual-SIM D2302 and S50h share the same firmware 18.3.B.0.31 certified in August 7 similar with Xperia E and Xperia M2 single-SIM. Based on the official list of certified firmware, the significant change on the numerical code confirms Android 4.4.2 KitKat version.
Users can expect similar changes and features provided by Android 4.4.2 KitKat with Xperia Home UI such as restyled status and navigation bars, new Quick Settings and Sony PlayStation 4 animation and wallpapers. No schedule has been announced regarding the official rollout date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions