Sony Xperia E1 Receiving Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Xperia M2 Android KitKat Certified By PTCRB
By Ryan Inoyori | August 13, 2014 2:13 PM EST
Sony Mobile is now rolling out the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update for the Xperia E single-SIM and Xperia E dual-SIM variants worldwide. Xperia E single-SIM Android 4.4.2 KitKat upgrade carries the firmware build version 20.1.A.0.47 while the dual-SIM model has the 20.1.B.0.64 build version which was certified by PTCRB in August 7, 2014.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update for Sony Xperia E models feature notable changes including user interface revamp on the status and navigation bars, and Quick Settings, Sony PlayStation 4 boot animation and wallpapers applicable on the lock and home screens.
Here are the official details of the new firmware update for Xperia E1 and Xperia E1 Dual according to Sony Mobile:
- Android 4.4 KitKat new features and enhancements.
- Improved software stability for smoother performance.
- Camera improvements for enhanced performance.
- Personalise your messages now with colourful emojis.
- Take screenshots easily with built-in screenshot menu.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat is the first major firmware version for Xperia E1 and Xperia E1 Dual within its 18-month software life cycle.
Sony Xperia M2 Upcoming Android KitKat
PTCRB certified new firmware builds for the Sony Xperia M2 and Xperia M2 Dual running Android 4.4 KitKat. There are two firmware build versions certified for Xperia M2 in accordance to the phone variant. New firmware for Xperia M2 single-SIM D2303 and D2306 has the build version 18.3.C.0.37 while the software for D2305 has the build number 18.3.A.0.31.
Xperia M2 dual-SIM D2302 and S50h share the same firmware 18.3.B.0.31 certified in August 7 similar with Xperia E and Xperia M2 single-SIM. Based on the official list of certified firmware, the significant change on the numerical code confirms Android 4.4.2 KitKat version.
Users can expect similar changes and features provided by Android 4.4.2 KitKat with Xperia Home UI such as restyled status and navigation bars, new Quick Settings and Sony PlayStation 4 animation and wallpapers. No schedule has been announced regarding the official rollout date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around