Sony Xperia E1 Receiving Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Xperia M2 Android KitKat Certified By PTCRB
By Ryan Inoyori | August 13, 2014 2:13 PM EST
Sony Mobile is now rolling out the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update for the Xperia E single-SIM and Xperia E dual-SIM variants worldwide. Xperia E single-SIM Android 4.4.2 KitKat upgrade carries the firmware build version 20.1.A.0.47 while the dual-SIM model has the 20.1.B.0.64 build version which was certified by PTCRB in August 7, 2014.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update for Sony Xperia E models feature notable changes including user interface revamp on the status and navigation bars, and Quick Settings, Sony PlayStation 4 boot animation and wallpapers applicable on the lock and home screens.
Here are the official details of the new firmware update for Xperia E1 and Xperia E1 Dual according to Sony Mobile:
- Android 4.4 KitKat new features and enhancements.
- Improved software stability for smoother performance.
- Camera improvements for enhanced performance.
- Personalise your messages now with colourful emojis.
- Take screenshots easily with built-in screenshot menu.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat is the first major firmware version for Xperia E1 and Xperia E1 Dual within its 18-month software life cycle.
Sony Xperia M2 Upcoming Android KitKat
PTCRB certified new firmware builds for the Sony Xperia M2 and Xperia M2 Dual running Android 4.4 KitKat. There are two firmware build versions certified for Xperia M2 in accordance to the phone variant. New firmware for Xperia M2 single-SIM D2303 and D2306 has the build version 18.3.C.0.37 while the software for D2305 has the build number 18.3.A.0.31.
Xperia M2 dual-SIM D2302 and S50h share the same firmware 18.3.B.0.31 certified in August 7 similar with Xperia E and Xperia M2 single-SIM. Based on the official list of certified firmware, the significant change on the numerical code confirms Android 4.4.2 KitKat version.
Users can expect similar changes and features provided by Android 4.4.2 KitKat with Xperia Home UI such as restyled status and navigation bars, new Quick Settings and Sony PlayStation 4 animation and wallpapers. No schedule has been announced regarding the official rollout date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- Meet 3 New 'Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions And Legendary Rayquaza
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date