Orange is the New Black: Taylor Schilling Hints Potential Nude Scene in Season 3
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 13, 2014 2:03 PM EST
The nude scenes have been an integral part of Netflix's original series, "Orange is the New Black." The Season 3 of this drama-comedy is expected to be no different when it comes to showing nudity. Emmy nominated actress Taylor Schilling, who plays the principal character of Piper Chapman, recently indicated that she is likely to soon shed her clothes for a scene in an episode of Season 3.
Cast member Uzo Aduba speaks, as co-stars (from L-R) Natasha Lyonne, Laverne Cox, Danielle Brooks and Laura Prepon applaud, as they accept the award for Best Comedy Series for "Orange Is the New Black" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
Speaking about what has scared her the most while doing "Orange is the New Black," Schilling said at a TV Academy screening event, as quoted by The Hollywood Reporter [THR], "I had to have a lot of discussions about every time I took my clothes off." The actress added that there is "another talk is in the works" for an episode in "Orange is the New Black" Season 3, which is currently under production in New York.
Meanwhile, Schilling also revealed that she did not meet Jenji Kohan, creator of the show, to get the part of Piper Chapman. She was cast based on a taped audition that she had sent while on a vacation in Ireland, with her family. THR quoted her saying, ""Somebody knows what she likes, and her name is Jenji Kohan!"
The new season of "Orange is the New Black" will see the return of Laura Prepon, who plays Alex Vause, as a series regular. One of the highlights of Season 1 was Piper and Alex's relationship, which was reduced to just a side-note in Season 2 because of Prepon's limited appearance. The two are set to be re-united in Season 3, though it is unlikely to be a happy reunion. Piper's role in getting Alex caught by her parole officer will cause a friction between the two.
In an interview with TV Guide, Schilling indicated that Alex's reaction to Piper's tip-off will play a "big part" in the upcoming season. Prepon has indicated that there will be another shift in Alex and Piper's relationship in Season 3.
"Orange is the New Black" has earned 12 Emmy nominations, including for the show and multiple acting nominations.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia