HTC One (M8)’s Windows Phone 8.1 Variant (HTC One W8) Launch Date Confirmed for Aug. 19
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 13, 2014 1:45 PM EST
HTC One (M8) is one of the killer Android smartphones released in 2014. The device comes bundled with terrific features and provides phenomenal hardware/software performance. After tasting success with the HTC One (M8), the company is now planning to release its Windows variant. Although there are many leaks corroborating the device's imminent release, the HTC One (M8)'s Windows Phone 8.1 variant launch date is slated for Aug. 19. Apparently, the phone will be introduced in a media event scheduled in New York City.
Also, the Windows variant is rumoured to be called HTC One (W8). According to recent leak, the upcoming Windows variant is listed in a Netherlands based retailer Web site named Telfort. This confirms the global release of the device.
The alleged HTC One (M8) with Windows was seen posing comfortably between the iPhone 5S and the Samsung Galaxy S4 in the listed image. Also, the handset looked relatively smaller when compared to the aforementioned handsets, however it showed the "live tiles" synonymous to Windows Phone handsets, according to GSM Arena.
Nevertheless, no other information pertaining to the upcoming device was listed in the retailer site. In any case, the HTC One (M8) with WP 8.1 is expected to come with the same specifications and features of the Android counterpart, according to NDTV.
When it comes to specifications, the yet-to-be announced HTC One M8 (aka HTC One W8) will feature a 5.0-inch IPS LCD display with 1,080 x 1,920 pixels screen resolution and 441 ppi pixel density. The One M8 will be powered by a solid quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 801) Krait 400 processor, clocked at 2.3 GHz and 2 GB of RAM. As mentioned earlier, the handset will run on the latest Windows Phone 8.1 OS.
As far as the memory goes, the handset will offer 16 GB and 32 GB of internal storage capacity and microSD card support for expansion up to 128 GB. The HTC One M8's Windows variant is expected to house the same 4 UltraPixels rear-facing camera unit with dual-LED flash and a 5 MP shooter as the secondary unit. The salient feature of this killer camera is that, the main camera unit of the HTC One M8 comes with two lenses (Duo Camera) to capture perfect pictures.
What do you think of the Windows variant? Will you be interested in purchasing this phone? Feel free to leave a comment.
2. Upcoming HTC One M8 Max (aka M8 Prime) Phablet with Snapdragon 805 Processor to Compete with Galaxy Note 4 [Watch Video] - [Read]
3. With Moto G2 (aka Moto G+1) Release Date Set for Sept. 10, Moto G Can be Purchased for $59.99 [Hurry, Limited Period Offer] - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues