BlackBerry Z30 vs. Moto X – Specifications, Features and Price Comparison
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 13, 2014 1:43 PM EST
Motorola Moto X was released in Aug. 2013, whereas the BlackBerry Z30 got released in Oct. 2013. Both the phones provide killer features, superior under the hood performances and come with affordable price tags. Readers who are interested in the Moto X or the BlackBerry Z30 should check out this specification, features and price comparison.
Attendees play a check-in game to win prizes by tapping their NFC-enabled Android smartphones at the Google I/O developers conference in San Francisco June 25, 2014.
New LG G3 A with 5.2-Inch Full HD Display, 13 MP OIS+ Camera, 2 GB RAM and Gesture Control in the Offing
Display, Exterior and Size
The Moto X features a 4.7-inch AMOLED display bundled with a screen resolution of 720 x 1,280 pixels. Whereas the Blackberry Z30 comes with a bigger 5-inch Super AMOLED display and it packs the same resolution as the Moto X. The Blackberry Z30 is capable of supporting up to 294 ppi of pixel density, which is relatively lower than the 312 ppi of the Moto X.
The Moto X comes with a sleek body and boasts premium look. The exterior is made of durable plastic called PET composite. Even though the Moto X looks sturdy, the weight is kept to a minimum. The rear side has a soft-touch finish; hence it is comfortable on the hands and there shouldn't be any problems with fingerprints. The Blackberry Z30, on the other hand, features a similar soft-touch back and subtle stripes on the exterior. Moreover, the BlackBerry handset comes with a unique Natural Sound technology that delivers vivid screen details and realistic sound quality to BBM Video conversations.
Also, the thickness and the weight of the Moto X are 0.41-inch and 130 g respectively. The Blackberry Z30, meanwhile, comes with a thickness of 0.37-inch and a weight of 170 g.
Hardware, Software and Internal Storage
The Motorola Moto X is powered by a dual-core Motorola X8 (Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro) Krait processor, clocked at 1.7 GHz and it comes with a good 2 GB of RAM. The BlackBerry Z30 is powered by a dual-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro) Krait 300 processor, clocked at 1.7 GHz and houses the same 2 GB of RAM.
Furthermore, the Moto X comes with 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB of internal storage with no microSD card slot for expansion. The BlackBerry handset, on the other hand, offers 16 GB of internal storage and microSD card for expansion up to 64 GB.
The BlackBerry Z30 runs on BlackBerry 10.2 OS (upgradable to 10.2.1 OS), while the Moto X runs on the latest Android v4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS (upgradable to v4.4.4 KitKat).
Camera and Battery
The Moto X sports a 10 MP rear-facing camera with LED flash and a 2 MP front-facing shooter. The Blackberry Z30, on the other hand, houses a relatively inferior 8 MP rear-facing camera with LED flash and the same 2 MP front-facing camera unit.
In addition, the Moto X houses a solid 2200 mAh battery unit, whereas the Blackberry Z30 comes with a much-powerful 2880 mAh battery unit. Both the phones house non-removable battery units.
1. The Moto X comes with black/white front panel and a customizable rear panel with several colour choices via Motorola MotoMaker. The Blackberry Z30, meanwhile, comes in the standard shades of black and white.
2. Both the handsets support NFC.
3. The BlackBerry Z30 supports micro HDMI port, while the Moto X doesn't.
4. The Motorola handset supports nano-sim, while the BlackBerry handset supports micro-sim.
5. The Blackberry Z30 comes with video calling capability, while the Moto X doesn't.
3. With Moto G2 (aka Moto G+1) Release Date Set for Sept. 10, Moto G Can be Purchased for $59.99 [Hurry, Limited Period Offer] - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft