'Evolve' For PS4, PC And Xbox Release Date Moved To 2015, Good Move For Take-Two Interactive --- Report
By Tanya Diente | August 13, 2014 1:22 PM EST
The October 2014 release date of the first-person shooter game "Evolve" has reportedly been pushed back and a report claimed this is actually a good decision for Take-Two Interactive.
An attendee tries on the Oculus VR Inc. Rift Development Kit 2 headset at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. There has been a rising interest in virtual reality platforms among publishers and developers, who hope the years-old technology -- which creates a 360-degree view that immerses players in fantasy settings -- can finally become a viable platform to reverse shrinking video game industry revenues and draw a new generation of users. Picture taken June 11, 2014.
Businesswire reported that "Evolve" has been moved to a global release date on Feb. 10, 2015 for the Xbox One, PS4, and PC platform. Game Informer previously reported an Oct. 21, 2014 release date for the game that won the E3 2014 Game Critics' "Best of Show" award.
However, the delay is reportedly a good move for Take-Two Interactive, according to Inquisitr.
According to Inquisitr writer Scott Grill, it would not have been a good time if "Evolve" was pushed through with the original Oct. 21 release date. Additionally, a release date after, and even before October, seems to be strategically unsuited for the game's release. Grill's reasons are summed up below.
1) "Evolve" is still fairly unknown. Even though it was favoured by E3 2014 critics to be the "Best of Show," Grill said it hasn't really created "huge amounts of buzz" yet.
2) Take-Two Interactive would have competed over sales with other game publishers if released on Oct. 21. Games such as "Assassin's Creed Unity," "Sunset Overdrive," "Alien: Isolation" and "The Evil Within" are also slated to be released in the same month. The release date would also coincide with "Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel," "NBA 2K15," "WWE 2K15" and even the PC game "Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth."
3) September wouldn't have been good for "Evolve" as well. Other AAA games are said to be released on the same month including the Sept. 9 release date of "Destiny." Other games including "Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor," "FIFA 15" and "Disney Infinity: Marvel Heroes" are also slated to be released sometime in September.
4) Then, November is also packed with popular game releases. There's "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare," "Halo: Master Chief Edition," "Far Cry 4" and "Dragon Age: Inquisition."
The bottom line is 2014 may not be a good year for "Evolve" to be released. According to Scott Grill, the game would only "get lost" among the other highly awaited games for the PC, Xbox One and PS4.
Pushing the release date to Feb. 10, 2015 would reportedly also provide the game's developer, Turtle Rock, ample time to further enhance "Evolve" with more content and characters. Currently, the game only has eight hunters, two maps and two monster characters in its gameplay.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]