'Evolve' For PS4, PC And Xbox Release Date Moved To 2015, Good Move For Take-Two Interactive --- Report
By Tanya Diente | August 13, 2014 1:22 PM EST
The October 2014 release date of the first-person shooter game "Evolve" has reportedly been pushed back and a report claimed this is actually a good decision for Take-Two Interactive.
An attendee tries on the Oculus VR Inc. Rift Development Kit 2 headset at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. There has been a rising interest in virtual reality platforms among publishers and developers, who hope the years-old technology -- which creates a 360-degree view that immerses players in fantasy settings -- can finally become a viable platform to reverse shrinking video game industry revenues and draw a new generation of users. Picture taken June 11, 2014.
Businesswire reported that "Evolve" has been moved to a global release date on Feb. 10, 2015 for the Xbox One, PS4, and PC platform. Game Informer previously reported an Oct. 21, 2014 release date for the game that won the E3 2014 Game Critics' "Best of Show" award.
However, the delay is reportedly a good move for Take-Two Interactive, according to Inquisitr.
According to Inquisitr writer Scott Grill, it would not have been a good time if "Evolve" was pushed through with the original Oct. 21 release date. Additionally, a release date after, and even before October, seems to be strategically unsuited for the game's release. Grill's reasons are summed up below.
1) "Evolve" is still fairly unknown. Even though it was favoured by E3 2014 critics to be the "Best of Show," Grill said it hasn't really created "huge amounts of buzz" yet.
2) Take-Two Interactive would have competed over sales with other game publishers if released on Oct. 21. Games such as "Assassin's Creed Unity," "Sunset Overdrive," "Alien: Isolation" and "The Evil Within" are also slated to be released in the same month. The release date would also coincide with "Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel," "NBA 2K15," "WWE 2K15" and even the PC game "Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth."
3) September wouldn't have been good for "Evolve" as well. Other AAA games are said to be released on the same month including the Sept. 9 release date of "Destiny." Other games including "Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor," "FIFA 15" and "Disney Infinity: Marvel Heroes" are also slated to be released sometime in September.
4) Then, November is also packed with popular game releases. There's "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare," "Halo: Master Chief Edition," "Far Cry 4" and "Dragon Age: Inquisition."
The bottom line is 2014 may not be a good year for "Evolve" to be released. According to Scott Grill, the game would only "get lost" among the other highly awaited games for the PC, Xbox One and PS4.
Pushing the release date to Feb. 10, 2015 would reportedly also provide the game's developer, Turtle Rock, ample time to further enhance "Evolve" with more content and characters. Currently, the game only has eight hunters, two maps and two monster characters in its gameplay.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- Xbox One Sales Gear Up in China And UK As October System Update Improves Hardware
- Blackberry Passport vs Nokia Lumia Icon: Which Smartphone Will Outdo the Other; Specifications and Price Comparisons
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Plagued With Issues But With Great Battery; Note Edge Preorders Start in U.K.
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate