Freshly Leaked Sony Xperia Z3 Images from China Showcase Slots and Exterior
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 13, 2014 1:14 PM EST
Last week, we saw a bunch of images pertaining to the upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 Compact leaked online. But now, the bigger Sony Xperia Z3's crystal-clear photos have been unearthed by Baidu users in China. For those unfamiliar, Baidu is a major search and social networking giant in China. The leaked images showcase the Xperia handset from every angle.
A receptionist speaks on a phone under a Sony Corp logo at the company's headquarters in Tokyo, in this file picture taken February 6, 2014. Sponsors Adidas, Sony, Visa and Coca-Cola on June 8, 2014 called on soccer's rulers to deal thoroughly with allegations of bribery to secure the 2022 World Cup for Qatar, an issue overshadowing this week's kickoff in Brazil.
The alleged Sony Xperia Z3 predominantly comes with the same features as the Xperia Z2 handset. Going by the leaked images, there is a flap to enclose the micro-SIM slot and the micro-SD card slots. In addition, there is an extra flap to cover the microUSB port. The front side of the handset houses stereo speakers and pogo pins are embedded for device charging, according to GSM Arena.
The brilliant camera with LED flash housed on the rear features the logo of G Lens. Furthermore, alongside the camera unit there is a label that reads XX.X MP. Notably, the current Xperia Z2 comes with a superior 20.7 MP sensor. Going by the label XX.X MP, Sony might be maintaining the same 20.7 MP sensor for its next-generation Xperia Z3.
However, there is no information available on the dimensions or the screen size of the handset thus far. The leaked images clearly show thinner bezels in the front when compared to the Xperia Z2. It is worth noting that, Sony introduced the Xperia Z1 at the IFA event in 2012 but the Xperia Z2 was unveiled in MWC 2013. Following the trend, the company could unveil the Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact in IFA 2014 event scheduled in Berlin on Sept. 3.
The rumoured specifications of the Xperia Z3 Compact device include 4.5-inch display with 720p screen resolution. The Xperia Z3 Compact will reportedly be powered by a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 801) processor clocked at 2.5 GHz and Adreno 330 GPU. Moreover, the compact device will come equipped with a solid 2 GB of RAM.
Other salient features of the Xperia Z3 Compact include the same 20.7 MP rear-facing camera unit sported by the Xperia Z2 and the upcoming Xperia Z3. Hence there is no compromise on the camera specification pertaining to compact/mini device. In addition, there is a 2.1 MP front-facing shooter unit housed in the handset.
When it comes to operating system, the compact handset will likely run on Android v4.4.2 out of the box. Although there is a good chance that the OS could be of higher version when the Xperia Z3 Compact releases. Nevertheless, Sony has not confirmed the existence of the device thus far.
Interested readers should check out the recently leaked images of the Sony Xperia Z3 from Baidu.
1. Sony Xperia Z2 Survives Unintentional Torture Test Under Salt Water for 6 Weeks Like a Pro - [Read]
3. With Moto G2 (aka Moto G+1) Release Date Set for Sept. 10, Moto G Can be Purchased for $59.99 [Hurry, Limited Period Offer] - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices